2s or 3s wiring

67exec

6 minutes ago, 67exec said:

I'm going to put a 4s balance plug on my 2s batt and tie cells 3, 4 to the cell 2 wire, so I can swap to 3s or 4s at any time

Not sure that is wise, although this is precisely why I'm asking.. Ideally it would be great to switch between 3S/4S.

If your using a 3S/4S with bridged cells, the board won't be able to balance charge correctly I believe.. it would not be receiving accurate readings. Can anyone confirm/deny ?

I'm hoping we don't have to bridge any cells while using a balance connector, I think that would be the only way to switch between 3S/4S...  although this is unlikely...

Edited by ruckus
grammar

3 minutes ago, 67exec said:

The diagram on the data sheet tells you to bridge the last cell in you batt cofiguration with the remaining balance terminals on the board

Absolutely, but if you decided to change from a 3S to a 4S for example.. that bridge would no longer be needed and I believe would need to be removed to safely charge.

I just put a 4s plug on a 2s batt, then soldered the wire for cell 4 to the pin of cell 3, and the wire of cell 3 to the pin of cell 2 of my battery. Works fine on the mod, and seems to work fine with my venom pro rc charger. Also, de-solder 1 connection and put 2s jst back on, then pack is back to stock.0322182347b.thumb.jpg.c4ca83a315408e602cb1b0c83cc06f60.jpg0322182347.thumb.jpg.d9e54d57846dd3aa73849a038390f245.jpg

21 hours ago, 67exec said:

I just put a 4s plug on a 2s batt, then soldered the wire for cell 4 to the pin of cell 3, and the wire of cell 3 to the pin of cell 2 of my battery. Works fine on the mod, and seems to work fine with my venom pro rc charger. Also, de-solder 1 connection and put 2s jst back on, then pack is back to stock.

Right.. that makes a bit more sense.. come to think about it once I get two of the same batterys I doubt I'll ever swap them out anyway.

I'm having trouble decided what enclosure to buy.. very tempted to pull the trigger on the alpine tech GLX2, no idea what size lipo would if into it tho...

• 2 weeks later...