Mirage 75C info

AntoVape

Hi guys! I'd like to buy the new Mirage 75C, but I'm scared due to my negative esperience with Paranormal line by Lost Vape. I'd like to know if there's any issue with the mod internal resistance or issues related to construction. I hope they did a good job this time. :)

About 10k puffs into a Mirage 75C; really great mod. The finish is top-notch, and love the resin and low weight. Single battery doesn't pack as much punch as dual, but you can get a good 2x700 battery with a high mAh rating. Only issue with the mod is the battery door: I dropped mine and the door split open. It's held together by double-stick tape and two tiny plastic clips. Removed the sticky tape and used epoxy to reseal it, and it's good as new, if not better. Well worth it!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

First Mirage - mod resistance set to 0.01 Ohm. Second (yes - I like the mod) was set to 0.004. Anyone know what it should be set to?

First mod - no mention of Replay. Second one (received last week) mentions Replay in the instructions and on the box. However no sign of it . Will have to wait for the update ...

Edited by Digby

12 hours ago, Digby said:

First Mirage - mod resistance set to 0.01 Ohm. Second (yes - I like the mod) was set to 0.004. Anyone know what it should be set to?

First mod - no mention of Replay. Second one (received last week) mentions Replay in the instructions and on the box. However no sign of it . Will have to wait for the update ...

0.01 ohm is definitely incorrect; far too high for internal resistance. I measured 0.004 with a copper plug and set it to 80% of that, or 0.0032. You can use that value as a safe measure on both mods if you don’t own a plug to take your own measure. 

On 3/22/2018 at 5:48 PM, Jasonvillamil said:

Only issue with the mod is the battery door: I dropped mine and the door split open. It's held together by double-stick tape and two tiny plastic clips. Removed the sticky tape and used epoxy to reseal it, and it's good as new, if not better. Well worth it!

Could you post a pic of the fix? I've had mine just over a month, the battery door is definitely the weak point on an otherwise strong mod. 

My only other complaint is just a nitpick, the screen cover creaks a bit in my hand. 

4 hours ago, AntoVape said:

I bought it. The mod is perfect, but I noticed that it reads my full charged battery at 4,13v instead of 4.20v and I'm using a VTC6 battery. I'm wondering if the adapter makes reading inaccurate, thus can you tell me if it happens with 21700 batteries?@tramog @Jasonvillamil

I am using Sony VTC4 18650 batteries with adapter, shows proper charge. Did you check in Escribe what the battery profile is set for? Oh course, make sure you first check your “fully” charged batteries with an accurate DMM. 

2 minuti fa, mactavish ha scritto:

I am using Sony VTC4 18650 batteries with adapter, shows proper charge. Did you check in Escribe what the battery profile is set for? Oh course, make sure you first check your “fully” charged batteries with an accurate DMM. 

I uploaded a profile for a single VTC6 with 10.42Wh. My charger reads 4.20v while Escribe reads 4,16v if I'm not wrong. What could it be?

Well, we can assume your charger is accurate, batteries come off my Xtar VP2 charger at approximately 4.17-4.18, but I can confirm this with a digital multimeter.  Do you have more then 1 battery to test this behavior. Perhaps the battery profile is not correct. I’ve heard folks change the curve in the battery profile, I have never done this, but a search on the forum may show those posts. It’s always possible with electronics that it’s the mod itself.  

@mactavishI use a NiteCore D2. I've tried with 3 different VTC6, but I've obtained the same results, so I guess I didn't get the right curve or maybe is the mod itself. Is it possibile that a wrong voltage reading is caused by a wrong csv file? Surely it can affect the percentage reading, but I'm not sure it can do the same with the voltage.

36 minutes ago, AntoVape said:

@mactavishI use a NiteCore D2. I've tried with 3 different VTC6, but I've obtained the same results, so I guess I didn't get the right curve or maybe is the mod itself. Is it possibile that a wrong voltage reading is caused by a wrong csv file? Surely it can affect the percentage reading, but I'm not sure it can do the same with the voltage.

The only thing I would suggest is to load the default 18650 battery curve in Escribe. That’s all I use, never imported any battery profiles myself. 

In my experience, the battery profile curve will affect the fully-charged upper voltage reading. Not an actual performance issue, but we want the voltage and percentage to show correctly; best bet is to run your own battery analysis while the battery is pretty new, or download one that matches your exact battery. 

7 minuti fa, Jasonvillamil ha scritto:

In my experience, the battery profile curve will affect the fully-charged upper voltage reading. Not an actual performance issue, but we want the voltage and percentage to show correctly; best bet is to run your own battery analysis while the battery is pretty new, or download one that matches your exact battery. 

I don't know why, but I think that the Wh that was put in the csv file is not exact...

22 hours ago, AntoVape said:

I don't know why, but I think that the Wh that was put in the csv file is not exact...

The Wh in the csv id just for info and not used bu the board, it uses the setting you put in the boxes.  As others have said the csv is only battery % vs voltage to try an make thee gauge more accurate, for example there's no reason not to reduce the highest voltage reading by a few tens of millivolts if it says 99% when fully charged and you want it to say 100% it will not affect softy or performance.

• Like 1

2 minuti fa, VapingBad ha scritto:

The Wh in the csv id just for info and not used bu the board, it uses the setting you put in the boxes.  As others have said the csv is only battery % vs voltage to try an make thee gauge more accurate, for example there's no reason not to reduce the highest voltage reading by a few tens of millivolts if it says 99% when fully charged and you want it to say 100% it will not affect softy or performance.

I agree, but if it reads a lower voltage, the discharge will be faster even if the difference is minimal...

3 minutes ago, AntoVape said:

I agree, but if it reads a lower voltage, the discharge will be faster even if the difference is minimal...

It won't affect what it reads or the rate of discharge, just how it converts voltage to battery % for the gauge.   All the performance and safety features work by real time data, the user set limits for low cut off, max currents, max temps, number of cells and battery type, max recharges (cause Li batteries to charge up to 4.1 V to double their life approx) are all respected.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2018 at 12:21 PM, weirdbeard said:

Could you post a pic of the fix? I've had mine just over a month, the battery door is definitely the weak point on an otherwise strong mod. 

My only other complaint is just a nitpick, the screen cover creaks a bit in my hand. 

Yes Please, I also have dropped my Mirage and the door has given way. I would love to see pic of your repair