Mirage 75C info

AntoVape

On 7/6/2018 at 11:00 AM, StabbyMcBack said:

Yes Please, I also have dropped my Mirage and the door has given way. I would love to see pic of your repair

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures when I had the door apart. Essentially, the Mirage door is metal on the outside, with plastic on the inside held with two tiny plastic clips and some 3M sticky tape. I have two Mirage mods, both of which have failed; the door on each has popped open, as all of the weight of the battery is on the two plastic tabs that aren't anywhere nearly strong enough to support the weight. This in my opinion is a design defect, and I'd suspect that most of these mods will break in this way over time.

My fix was pretty simple: took apart the metal and plastic door, removed the tape, and applied a very strong epoxy. You have to be very careful, as too much epoxy will seal the door lock slider and the door will be useless. Overall it only takes a few minutes to loosen the two screws, remove the door and apply the epoxy. Compress it and let it set overnight, and you're back in business.

16 hours ago, Jasonvillamil said:

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures when I had the door apart. Essentially, the Mirage door is metal on the outside, with plastic on the inside held with two tiny plastic clips and some 3M sticky tape. I have two Mirage mods, both of which have failed; the door on each has popped open, as all of the weight of the battery is on the two plastic tabs that aren't anywhere nearly strong enough to support the weight. This in my opinion is a design defect, and I'd suspect that most of these mods will break in this way over time.

My fix was pretty simple: took apart the metal and plastic door, removed the tape, and applied a very strong epoxy. You have to be very careful, as too much epoxy will seal the door lock slider and the door will be useless. Overall it only takes a few minutes to loosen the two screws, remove the door and apply the epoxy. Compress it and let it set overnight, and you're back in business.

Thanks I for the info. I attempted this fix with marginal success. going to have to attempt it again.

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE the replay feature on this mod, but HATE the mod itself. The battery door is defective since day 1, tried fixing it with superglue which worked fora  few days then popped open again. Battery rattles like crazy. Will try fixing the battery door with epoxy as one user said it fixed it. You would think a mod costing $120 would have higher quality

THe other strange thing is, this is my first DNA device, i'm having the worst battery life ive ever had on a single battery mod (using new samsung 30Q and HG2). I only vape at 20 watts but it barely lasts me through my 9 hour work day. My old vtc mini lasts double the time any ideas?

Edited by PatrickSmith