Robin6236

Hello together,

my Paranormal 75c shows Check Atomizer or No Atomizer when an Atomizer is installed. The tested Atomizers work on all of my other mods! When I take out the batteries and wait for like 10 hours it works for 10 Puffs and then the problem comes. It isn't saying something like too hot or something else before the problem comes. I tried to downgrade it to very old Service packs and deleting all the settings on the mod but nothing helps. Please help me because I don't know what to do.

With best regards 

Robin6236 

IMG_20171225_153143.jpg

IMG_20171225_153232.jpg

The Paranormal's have been having issues due to LV using a loctite compound on the threads of the 510 connector. This could very well be causing the problems you are describing. You can read about it & a fix here....https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/69140-paranormal-75c-resistance-too-high-fix/

Or you can open a ticket with Evolv & let them guide you...https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=1

Yeah, I thought so too but I wasn't ready to void my warranty. I send it to Evolv and they told me that some Paranormal Devices, in particular, have this problem. It is just hard to guess if it is a hardware failure or a chip failure. I thought it was a cold soldered point but that can't be because it works perfectly for like 10 puffs after 10 hours without batteries.

Still thanks for your help.

I just thought it would be the best way to send it to Evolv because they are pros.

Hi there!

New mod was delivered to me half an hour ago. I've unpacked it screw the atomizer on top of it and I have this very same problem.

"Check atomizer"

I've tried with two different tanks which on the other mod I have work properly.

On the device I can't even measure resistance in escribe software it says "failed to measure coil Ohms"

Atomizer analyzer only show mod resistance 0,004 ohms and question mark sign on atomizer resistance

Device is brand new and it says service pack 25 is installed.

Anyone has any ideas or should I contact the seller?

kind regards

If I recall correctly the Mod Resistance value shown in the Atty Analyzer is just the setting your device is set at rather than an actual live reading....  You can check the device setting in the Mod Tab/Electrical tab and yours is set to 0.004.... If you change the setting to 0.003 and upload it then the Mod Resistance in Atty Analyzer will change to the new setting you just changed.  In short, there is no atty or no tool screwed into the 510 thus you have a question mark.....probably a connection issue with the 510 connector or wiring to the 510 connector is my best guess without having your device to troubleshoot....

As @giz_60 noted to contact the seller or start a ticket with Evolv... good luck.... let us know what you find out...

It doesn't matter how I set it manually result is the same. 

here are some photos for better understanding.

This is from escribe "general" tab > measure ohms

Normally you get real time resistance reading from this. (other two DNA75C devices I had in the past) 

measure_error.jpg.28d91eca8c938b322ebffd1cb2ab7bc5.jpg

Atomizer analyzer also reads real time resistance continuously

analyzer_error.jpg.66070d511c663963b6f662b83a2b7ba0.jpg

I also suspected 510 connector, but there is a difference with atty installed or removed ...

without

IMG_20180104_145640.thumb.jpg.f0faca4e87352d8b3550fa4bde20d62c.jpg 

with

IMG_20180104_145702.thumb.jpg.1f0cfcc30a0934ea930791a79c9cbd11.jpg

measure_error.jpg

analyzer_error.jpg

I guess you did not want to do what I mentioned.... A tool is needed to set Mod Resistance thus the Atty Analyzer Mod Resistance is not a live reading as far as I recall...

From your last post it failed to measure the ohm's.... my best guess is still a connectivity issue....  is there a good connection from the atty 510 to the device 510?  What atty's are you using.... some atty's can give this issue also by their design...

I've tried few atomizers. 

Once again on other two DNA75C devices I had atomizer analyzer is showing real time resistance. 

I actually ordered two identical mods, the other one for my friend and that one is working as it should. 

Guess I've unpacked the wrong box. :)

Edited by krucymucy

• 3 weeks later...