Kanthal A1 and Ni80 Material won't work on DNA75C

iqbalmuttaqien

Hello. does anyone have tried kanthal A1 and Ni80 material on DNA 75C? is it works?

i tried them both but if i press firing button no firing and instanly show Temperature Protected. while it working like a charm on my DNA75 and DNA250 devices.

if you had it works, would you mind to share it?

DNA without TC's just like you have a pretty-girl-in-your-dream right beside you, will always be your angel, but she's your sister..

• 1 month later...
Il 24/12/2017 in 06:48 , ChunkyButt200 ha scritto:

@iqbalmuttaqien None of the DNA boards can do TC for kanthal or nichrome. Only wattage for those materials. However, you can add a preheat "boost" to non TC materials with the latest international firmware.

Hi. What's the purpose of having a preheat on a non TC material? Is it for watt mode?

15 ore fa, ChunkyButt200 ha scritto:

yes for wattage mode. to get your coil(s) up and running as fast as possible.           

Thanks for the answer. Do you know if there is some documentation / explanations about this feature? I see on my box it's quite unintuitive to use.

I can set:
  - preheat (on or off).

- if on, I can regulate wattage.
 - if on, I can regulate temperature.
 - if on, I can regulate the punch.

Now, I don't understand how these 3 values can be regulated independently from each other.  I would imagine that the wattage would give me a "default" temperature, by contrast, I would expect that regulating the temperature would force a wattage value, but it doesn't seem to work like this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

On 2017-12-24 at 12:48 AM, ChunkyButt200 said:

preheat "boost" to non TC materials

Boost is the proper terminology when talking non TC vaping with any material/wire.

35 minutes ago, mjordan79 said:

I can set:
  - preheat (on or off).

Preheat for TC material and vaping only. No official detailed documentation, but it is identified and  explained in the datasheet for your board.

- if on, I can regulate wattage. <- Max amount of watts to use while coil is getting up to temp
 - if on, I can regulate temperature. <- Max temp, or temp you want vape at
 - if on, I can regulate the punch. <- How close to 'temp you want vape at' before ENDING preheat values

Il 19/2/2018 in 21:04 , Wayneo ha scritto:

Boost is the proper terminology when talking non TC vaping with any material/wire.

Preheat for TC material and vaping only. No official detailed documentation, but it is identified and  explained in the datasheet for your board.

- if on, I can regulate wattage. <- Max amount of watts to use while coil is getting up to temp
 - if on, I can regulate temperature. <- Max temp, or temp you want vape at
 - if on, I can regulate the punch. <- How close to 'temp you want vape at' before ENDING preheat values

Thanks for the answer, but ... It seems dangerous to me. How one is supposed to know which is the correct temperature for the coil in use with his wire specs (Kanthal, SS316), diameter, resistance, etc.?
Also, how I know the wattage I set is sufficient to achieve the temperature set?

Seems a little bit vague to me.

15 minutes ago, mjordan79 said:

Thanks for the answer, but ... It seems dangerous to me

What seems dangerous? Boost for wattage (similar to Power curves or normal medium high) for other vendors. OR are you talking dangerous for Temperature Protected vaping? IMHO, both are advantageous in the right circumstance. 

22 minutes ago, mjordan79 said:

How one is supposed to know which is the correct temperature for the coil in use with his wire specs (Kanthal, SS316), diameter, resistance, etc.?

Take out Kanthal it's not a TC wire. Diameter, resistance etc. does not matter. If you like a Temperature, that's it, that's all. I vape in about a 60F range usually, cooler in the mornings. I can use any TC wire at any resistance, and get a somwhat equivalent vape.

Using Kantha', n80 you can sorta do this using the 'heat flux' of your build

57 minutes ago, mjordan79 said:

I see I can select almost 300°C (600°F). Isn't this too much for, let's say, a 30AWG Kanthal wire?

NO, YOU CANNOT!! For at least more times than fingers on one hand :hand_splayed:, kanthal is NOT a TC wire. There is NO evolv board available that will temperature protect/control your kanthal wire. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2