VV on DNA plate

No, all Evolv products have always been real-time VW, IE they don't just measure res before you fire and set the voltage they constantly regulate the wattage.  It has been fundamental to their design since day one, they could probably do it with custom fw, but I can't see it happening as wattage is a far better thing to regulate for pretty much everyone. 

• Like 1

What are you trying to do? I can't see any vaping-related reason to use voltage instead of wattage.

That said, it's more of a debug feature, but on DNA 200 or 250 running 1.2 SP3 or newer, you can limit the maximum voltage. Sending the serial command V=6V, for instance, clamps the voltage limit at 6V. You can then set the power high enough that it always hits the voltage limit.

My friend claims that the DRAG in VV mode works better than the DNA plate in VW. How can I explain to him that there is no difference between these regimes? After all, in these modes the voltage is regulated. Or maybe I'm wrong?

1 час назад, retird сказал:

Are we talking about the VooPoo DRAG 157 Box Mod?  

yes.A friend says that VV on DRAG works better than VW on the DNA plate. I do not see much difference, because on these two devices we adjust the same parameters

From what I see the DRAG 157 (157 watts) is a VW and Temp Control device and is described as this: "  The VooPoo DRAG is a highly efficient variable wattage box mod with a chip efficiency rating of 95% for accurate and reliable power output.    

You asked :  "How can I explain to him that there is no difference between these regimes? After all, in these modes the voltage is regulated. Or maybe I'm wrong?"

You might just tell him his device is a variable wattage device and not a variable voltage device.

Coil resistances change, for example as the coil ages. Also, between different coils. Power ("wattage") is a thermodynamic variable. Voltage is not.

Disregarding losses, once you are at the liquid's boiling point, the mass flow rate of a vape should be the the power divided by the specific heat of vaporization. Consistent power makes a consistent vape.

With variable voltage you end up having to mess with resistance, and you aren't going to pull out a multimeter while the coil is hot.

With variable wattage you should get a consistent vape. There are unaccounted-for variables, like the heat losses of the tank, etc. but it's a lot better.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sorry for Google Translate, but it's better than my English.

Mode VV depends on the resistance of the spiral, i.e. it gives an interesting effect similar to the prehit on SS spirals. This is unattainable on TC and WV, it is not achievable even by heating curves, which are still not in DNA. In one version of MyEvic (for Joytech / Wismec motherboards), specifically versions from MicroSur implemented a simplified VV mode in the original VW firmware. It just does not allow changing the voltage after the initial resistance measurement. It's quite interesting in terms of heating dynamics.

It's sad, but in Russia all the reviewer argues that thermal control, it's dead technology and do not even test new devices for work in thermal control.

I'm afraid that this attitude is due to the fact that their mental abilities are not enough to adjust it.

Yes, and bad material profiles loaded into some devices have contributed to this.

I came to VV as an answer to the question "why is it more delicious on mehmodes?" I do not find any other explanation