Any feedback on HCigar VT75 Color?

dl12345

The "newer" batches of the Hcigar VT75C will have different Battery covers - they´ve also changed the threading of the battery cover and of the bat tube

so all early adaptors are disadvantaged - the parts are change able - but how to get them..............?

Mine came from gearbest - but i´m sure they will not ship the redesigned parts ..................

Hi where did you hear that?

1 hour ago, Lowbytes said:

The "newer" batches of the Hcigar VT75C will have different Battery covers - they´ve also changed the threading of the battery cover and of the bat tube

so all early adaptors are disadvantaged - the parts are change able - but how to get them..............?

Mine came from gearbest - but i´m sure they will not ship the redesigned parts ..................

David247 

Direct contact to HCIGAR (not me personally but a Member of German DNA group - he has ordered 50 devices directly from Hcigar - when we found out the problem with the battery cover he ask for a replacement and he was told that the new battery covers will not fit the "old tube" - so (after a little shitstorm on the hcigar facebook site) they got an agreement for the spare parts! After giving some comments on the Hcigar site - they blocked me! So for me no chance to get the parts ;-) 

On 17/07/2017 at 10:35 PM, danforthharris said:

I'm not entirely sure the problem is the battery cover.  I've had mine for about 2 weeks.  I didn't have any problems until yesterday. Mine just randomly quit.  Literally was using it, set it down for maybe 5 minutes, picked it up and nothing.  So, I did all the standard things when things like this happen.  Clicked all the buttons.  Power 5 times, the rest randomly  Said out loud "What the fuck"...  looked at it while turning it to see all sides.  Clicked the buttons some more.  Took off the battery cover. Put it back on and clicked the buttons some more.   You know.  The standards.  changed batteries and heard the zzt.  You know the one.  The one you wonder if its a good zzzt, or a bad zzzt.   Clicked the power button and it was on.  Changed the battery back to the first one, and nothing again.  Played with the battery door a little then everything started to get HOT. The Bat door and the side of the mode where the battery tube is. I quickly took off the battery door and pulled the battery.  It was quite hot.  So, I did what any person like me does.  I took all the screws out to see what the hell is going on.  The PCB right around the Neg and Pos pads were browned just a little.  I forgot to take pictures before I sealed the solder up.  I sealed all the leads with some hot glue(all i had) then covered with elec. tape.  Put all back together and all works.  Only been a few hours but all seems to be working fine.   

This is my experience so far. Other then that, i've been quite happy with the chip. I have the black one and am even Ok with the browning of the leather.  I kinda like it.

Had to leave as i was typing that.  OK..so,  All that being said.  It was a good thing that I was checking things out when this happened.  The potential for the battery to vent seems to be VERY high as I see it.  All the leads and solder points in this mod are completely exposed. The consumer shouldn't have to worry about these things.  I like the feel and shape of this mod but am not happy with the assembly. 

This explains alot because the base of my black vt75c got hot right where the right hex screw was if you had the screws across the top looking at the base.  

I took off the bottom plate and adjusted soldered contact and that seems to have cured it.

But now i feel i have to dissemble the whole mod and make it safe!

FFS first hcigar product will prolly be my last, guess the chip needs to go into a DIY box now, shame i like the feel of the hcigar.

Just seen mrcrunch`s post so maybe my base wasnt as secure as it should`ve been neverless this is poor manufacturing housing a quality chip.

Edited by Voodoo71

16 hours ago, Voodoo71 said:

This explains alot because the base of my black vt75c got hot right where the right hex screw was if you had the screws across the top looking at the base.  

I took off the bottom plate and adjusted soldered contact and that seems to have cured it.

FFS first hcigar product will prolly be my last, guess the chip needs to go into a DIY box now, shame i like the feel of the hcigar.

Just seen mrcrunch`s post so maybe my base wasnt as secure as it should`ve been neverless this is poor manufacturing housing a quality chip.

I'm thinking of transfering my chip too,still looking for decent looking box.

Can you share your progress if you choose to transfer chip?

On 7/26/2017 at 10:15 PM, SHALE84 said:

Hi guys,

did anyone knows what is the mods internal resistance?Seems that my SS coils doesn't work right in TC.

Thanks

According DJLsb Vapes 

Sorry but I totally forgot to give you all the mod internal resistance and give as a con that it doesn't come set properly but for this mod is 0.0183 ohms 

В 14.08.2017 в 03:04, Voodoo71 сказал:

can u show on photos what u do

vor 10 Stunden schrieb luceblueboy:

Mine is autofiring now. I just contacted HCigar to see if they will do anything. This is very frustrating.

Is your fire button still clicking if you press it? (without cell inserted) Could be a mechanical problem (hanging button) or electronic problem due liquid flooding 

5 hours ago, luceblueboy said:

The button would click but fire as if it was a touch button. I wound up getting a Lost Vape Paranormal. With the problems of the VT75C combined with the autofiring I'm not going to risk anything.

I'm having sticking issues with the up button on my VT75c.That coupled with the fix they sent me for the battery sled I ordered a Paranormal myself.The fix was a couple of round plastic insulators with a center hole punched out to fit inside the positive end of the tube.Now the POS is giving me a weak battery message at only a 15% discharge from a fully charged battery.I'm going to shelve this crap and call it a bad purchase decision.The main reason for buying the hCigar was it had a DNA 75c chip a cool look and would be a good fit for my Aromamizer Plus tank which is 30mm.Looking forward to the Paranormal.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem I have had since the beginning is the check battery message at ~3.40v. I can unscrew/re screw the battery cap and it may be error less for a short while. This is with brand new Sony VTC5  and Samsung 25R batteries. In Escribe battery cutoff is 2.5v. Running a .4 single TI1 coil at 40w and 430 degrees. Really like the ability to dial in the settings from the screen so I just deal with it