Uploaded a theme and now it won't charge

KTMRider

Just built a mod with a Modcrate case and was playing with escribe. I uploaded a Star Trek theme and now it won't charge. When I plug a USB cable in, the indicator light on the board goes from red to green in about .5 sec. I uploaded the default theme and no difference. Any ideas? 

The USB cables are high quality and work with all my other DNAxxx mods (about 12 of them). 

Also, when I change batteries, I have to set the time and date again. Is this normal? 

Out of curiosity, I have a 2nd DNA75c waiting for a replacement screen so I soldered a battery tray to it to test seems to be working fine. I swapped the board and now I have 1 fully working DNA75c mod. 

I compared the 2 boards thinking a fuse might've blown on the one that won't charge a battery but I can't see anything wrong with it. 

• Like 1

I think I spoke too soon. I had it on a 2a charger for 2 hrs and while it shows onscreen that it's charging (icon) and the LED is pulsing red, it is not charging.

I tried "Restore Defaults" and it doesn't make a difference. 

I loaded the default themes and no difference. 

Sending a soft or hard reboot command only blinks the screen for a split sec. 

Hello.

The same happened when trying themes using external fonts.

When the theme PC and the eScribe PC are different, there is a font with the same name, it is likely to occur if the font width is larger than the theme setting.

I solved the problem by writing a standard theme.

But my screen was what happened with "MAIN".

I pray for your board to heal.

The board should retain the clock for about 30 seconds after a battery is removed, so that it won't lose the clock for a quick battery swap.

Hmm. What is the battery voltage reading? Does it start charging again if you go to Diagnostics -> Disable Charging and then Enable Charging?

It doesn't retain the clock/date at all. Definitely not 30 sec. It does restore the date and time when it's plugged into Escribe. 

Battery (LG HG2) is currently reading 3.94v (80%). I just tried disabling charging in Device Monitor for 10 sec and then enabling charging and it still doesn't charge. When I disabled, the led turned off and onscreen charging icon stopped. In the mod diagnostics, the USB voltage shows 5.1v and USB Amps is .8a

I checked via a computer USB 3.0 port and an Anker PowerBot that delivers 2.4a per port. I'm using Anker USB cables. I've been using this set up for 12 other DNAxxx (40, 75, 200, 250) mods w/o issues.