Help needed DNA 250 Therion Battery Check

Omranr

I've read couple of threads regarding the thereon 166 issue "battery Check" and " Imbalanced batteries" although they are brand new and tried many other pairs of batteries, any solution for this frustrating issue ? appreciate your help 

reading on Escribe looks normal for both cells

Can you post a full 'Device Monitor' printscreen while firing and this is occuring. Image shows what to have 'ticked' (Include cell 3) and Power, not Temperature, sorry.

Include another printscreen of your 'Mod' tab, and finally, what are your battery details (make and model).

Battery diagnosis check.PNG

Edited by Wayneo
Ticked box clarification

Hi,

encountered same issue "CHECK BATTERY" on Therion166 device just now after 2 months usage.

battery inserted are 2x18650 of LG HE4 (yellow).

appreciate any kind of information that could help, Thanks.

Therion166 device monitor - check battery error.jpg

Therion166 device monitor - check battery error (mod tab).JPG

Edited by move_t
attaching a screenshot

All Lost Vape mods come with a full six month factory warranty. This warranty covers factory defects or malfunction.  Opening the device can void the warranty..... your issue could be many things....most of which would require opening the device.

See link in my sig line below for warranty or repair....

19 minutes ago, move_t said:

encountered same issue "CHECK BATTERY" on Therion166 device just now after 2 months usage

Hey meng, that's not a Device Monitor shot, but your battery info shows it's set for 3 cells for starters, and your Therion has only 2. Change that to 2, and double those watt hours. Me thinks you've been playing. And check your version of Escribe

Edited by Wayneo
More Info

1 minute ago, Wayneo said:

Hey meng, that's not a Device Monitor shot, but your battery info shows it's set for 3 cells for starters, and your Therion has only 2. Change that to 2, and double those watt hours. Me thinks you've been playing.

why do you need a full "Device Monitor" screenshot while the device itself could not be fire at all? just following any proofs that you requires while you're replying to Omranr the thread maker. thanks for thinks that I'm playing because I am not and this is a serious issues for me, Meng.

I don't know why the meter shows 3 cells, instead it supposed to showing only 2 cells for Therion DNA 250.

I dont need a full "Device Monitor" screenshot from you, but noted that so the user that asked would not think it was correct. 

If I thought you were playing I wouldn't have responded at all. Playing referred to what looks like standard default Evolv values after resetting the mod

Cnange that drop down from 3 to 2.

22 minutes ago, retird said:

All Lost Vape mods come with a full six month factory warranty. This warranty covers factory defects or malfunction.  Opening the device can void the warranty..... your issue could be many things....most of which would require opening the device.

See link in my sig line below for warranty or repair....

Thanks retired , i mailed them hoping to get some feedback... ill post some shots for my mod in couple of hours once i get to office since it doesn't work on Apple.

Just now, retird said:

Soft cell cutoff is to protect your batteries and your setting is just fine.... is your device now set back to 2 cells?  Any difference?

no my device is on 2 cells that was another person, but mine is on 2 cell not 3, my setup is correct as far as i read on threads but for some reason issue still remains same,tried rebooting soft and hard , ill try to upload the .ecig from Lost Vape fingers crossed

1 minute ago, retird said:

Do you still have the ecig file you downloaded on January 29?  It worked for you then....

good idea ill try that as well ! thanks retired ...will keep you all posted and share the experiences.

41 minutes ago, retird said:

Switch battery positions in the device.....  take out batteries and change places with them.....fire again and post screenshot like the one you just posted....

here you go i switched them and each has a screen shot.. any thoughts ?

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

The graph looks fine except for the difference in battery sag on cell 2 and 1 while firing, and the difference in battery voltage of each cell.  Switching the batteries around still showed more battery sag on cell 2 and still showed less voltage at cell 1.  Thus, I think we can rule out the batteries as a possible issue. I assume the battery posts are clean on the batteries and sled and making a good connection.  Thus there is something amiss in the device and you have contacted Lost Vape.  The device graph shows the device is still vaping good. There are several things that can cause this but all would require opening the device to check so why not just let Lost Vape guide you.... I would hang on to the graphs you posted as they would be good info to give to Lost Vape showing it doesn't seem to be a battery issue but could be a wiring, battery sled, poor soldering, or even a board issue.

10 minutes ago, retird said:

The graph looks fine except for the difference in battery sag on cell 2 and 1 while firing, and the difference in battery voltage of each cell.  Switching the batteries around still showed more battery sag on cell 2 and still showed less voltage at cell 1.  Thus, I think we can rule out the batteries as a possible issue. I assume the battery posts are clean on the batteries and sled and making a good connection.  Thus there is something amiss in the device and you have contacted Lost Vape.  The device graph shows the device is still vaping good. There are several things that can cause this but all would require opening the device to check so why not just let Lost Vape guide you.... I would hang on to the graphs you posted as they would be good info to give to Lost Vape showing it doesn't seem to be a battery issue but could be a wiring, battery sled, poor soldering, or even a board issue.

yep all clean and intact, thanks a lot for the help and info. much appreciated 

Edited by Omranr

On 5/28/2017 at 11:28 AM, retird said:

Switch battery positions in the device.....  take out batteries and change places with them.....fire again and post screenshot like the one you just posted....

i changed the battery type to Power Supply and im not getting the errors anymore ... is it safe to use it this way ?

Using power supply you turn off all the battery safety features so you should not run it like that, Doesn't it say "Do Not use this option with batteries" just to the right of that option in EScribe?  You can read many posts about power supply by searching "power supply"....

1 hour ago, retird said:

Using power supply you turn off all the battery safety features so you should not run it like that, Doesn't it say "Do Not use this option with batteries" just to the right of that option in EScribe?  You can read many posts about power supply by searching "power supply"....

youre right :-( im just frustrated with the battery check imbalanced battery error and trying to find a way to resolve, i reset it all and created new profiles and was useless as well.... anyhow thanks retired