Replacing screen on VTBox 250

Hello !

My screen replacement just arrived, but I honestly have no idea where to begin and I can't find any guide online pertaining specifically to VTBox 250 by VapeCige.

The screen is the large replacement you can order from evolvapor itself (https://www.evolvapor.com/products/dna250)

Does anybody have any related experience or can guide me in the right direction?

Thanks!

you'll need to remove the doors (unscrew) and disconnecting the lipo is important before removing the board. there are only 3 phillips head screws that hold in the board. once out (or semi-out, the 510 wires might be soldered) you can follow the DNA 200/250 datasheet for replacing the screen. (available from evolv's website). it isn't that hard, just take your time, don't lose any parts, screws or buttons, make sure ribbon connector is fully/firmly seated inside ZIF connector on board. take note of how the old screen ribbon is bent (make sure ribbon does not get pinched by fire button when re-installing board). you should do just fine.

this is how ZIF latch opens and closes. don't go all HULK on it. it's very thin plastic and WILL break if abused.

zif.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...