Temp protection keeps cutting in.

John connor

vmax100uk said:

The temp protection cuts in every time I fire my mod reducing the vapor im getting. Strange thing is if i put the same tank on my dna40 with the same temp and watts it dont cut in and loads more vapor. Anyone know whats going on as it cant be the atty or it would happen in the 40.

Probably a bad connection with the 510. Does the resistance on both mods show the same

vmax100uk said:

The temp protection cuts in every time I fire my mod reducing the vapor im getting. Strange thing is if i put the same tank on my dna40 with the same temp and watts it dont cut in and loads more vapor. Anyone know whats going on as it cant be the atty or it would happen in the 40.

What I did was fire at 10 watts for a few seconds and then unscrew the Atty then screwed it back in and let it run at different ohm I'm using ti wire the original ohm is at .16 I have it at .19 to be able to use temp control and get decent clouds

When I have this issue, it is usually traced to poor coil build and poor atomizer resistance consistency.  One way to address it, mine anyway, is to measure the resistance of the clean coil with a quality meter, fit the coil as a reference test then remove it and stretch it out...re-measureing the resistance (a lot to do, but this is just once for a given wire size).  So as I build in a given atomizer, I know the resistance of the coil going into it and can see problems right off when it is put on the mod.  What type?  Sometime I have to remove and clean the atomizer posts, or the 510 screw or clean out the mod's 510, but at least I know when things are off.

Example:  I built what was supposed to be a 0.22 coil in four atomizers to get me through the week.  One was .37 out of the gate and vaped hot hot hot...but I knew I had built it wrong and so it was easy to find the issue (poor post connection).

Another contributor of weak vapor, even with a good coil is juice flow.  A wick that can't keep up with the demand just can't make vapor.

I have been having problems with TI coils myself.  Either extremely low vapor production or way to hot/catching on fire.  I have learned a few things so far. 
Contact coils just don't work for me.  Spaced coils seem more stable. 
Really tight connections are needed on the leads.  Sometimes they will loosen up after a while. 
I am guessing that some connection issues are because TI is harder than NI so sometimes the post screws will not grab the leads well. 
I've been playing with TI for about a week now.  I am starting to get great results, but consistency is still questionable.