Csv files - sweet spot vapes Ti

dsidab81

Temperature (degF)Electrical Resistivity

These are the numbers I was sent from SSV.   0.5 Ti ONLY   Been working great for me.

The csv is only the tip of the iceberg in our calibration.....the csv is in "beta" with the rest of the cals....what we are doing is not only providing TFR curves for each wire, but also mod resistance nulls, case thermal calibrations, battery calibrations etc.....they are all packed into the production utility which will all go live on our site (custom screens and all) as soon as beta is confirmed....it's not as simple as just passing out a CSV file, it's ensuring that the mod resistance etc is nulled, and packaging everything into production utility, and being able to offer some form of support/warranty that the fundamental changes aren't going to void a warranty form manufacturer etc....if anyone wants the beta package I'm happy to provide it, but it's a use at your own risk situation for another week or two....

you can feel free to PM me or if evolv wants to open up a section for us to drop the files into a database, for download, I am fine with that....

keep in mind this is being done as a "free of charge courtesy" for our customers, so I don't think it's quite fair to be too demanding about the project (we are def doing our best for our customers though).....as we have spent a very large sum of resources (equipment, time money etc) into providing this as a "free" service.....and frankly I don't see anyone else doing it (this way, specific to their wire)....our goal is to support not only the wire, but our wire WITH ALL dna200 3rd party mods....simple TFR curves don't completely calibrate the device.....I would ultimately like to see a section on our webpage, that has a discreet installer package, to "convert" each 3rd party mod to an "SSV edition"....that has a sample device as a known point of reference (for accuracy)....I.E. Ronnies, Mad Modder DNA200 will be the first complete "installer/package".  It basically assures the device is accurate in a specific application (with each of our wire products). So as we acquire 3rd party sample/reference boxes, we can add to that list of supported devices....I understand that a lot of people who are here are more tech savvy, and all they need is csv data.....but we have been giving out beta files for a week or so now, and are quickly discovering your average vaper is going to have a lot of trouble with eScribe (when all they want to do is "make it work and vape").  With the production installer utility, and our package (.ECIGp file) we can assure that if an end user gets in "trouble" they can always go back to defaults, and those defaults will be our own in house "guaranteed calibrations/datasets"...

Please be patient, as not only is this an engineering effort, but also an effort to work directly with manufacturers, to fully support each specific dna200 mod that comes out....

here are the beta packages for mad modder dna200 box....

dna200_database.jpg  dna2001.jpg  dna2002.jpg  dna2003.jpg  dna2004.jpg  dna2005.jpg

here is the simple CSV data (including a rough custom screen), if that is all you are interested in....please keep in mind this is calibrated/normalized against the 70 deg F reference point, and we have not finished the "ice bath" calibrations yet (below 70 deg F)....we are waiting on some new probes to determine standard deviations....we aren't simply calibrating/referencing temps with ONE probe on the coil surface....we are trying to determine sDEV across multiple scenarios, and temperature gradients across the entire coil surface....including dual coils, clapton coil, twisted etc etc etc scenarios....

this isn't just about providing a simple normalized TCR for a straight strand of our wire....that doesn't really "cut it" IMO....

please keep in mind that the mod resistance, thermal properties, battery discharge curves etc etc can't be provided in a simple CSV (TFR) curve.....so it is very important to know, or rely on the manufacturer of your SPECIFIC box, to provide you with these null parameters....for example the FDV v4 510 connector assembly + mad modder wiring+box etc, constitutes roughly 0.028-0.04 ohms of resistance, which has thermo-electric properties of it's own....if that isn't taken into account, it's hard to guarantee a +/- XYZ deg F window of accuracy....

The goal of our complete installer/package is to provide ALL of these parameters, so you wind up with a consistent "window" of error/offset....

Profiles.zip

dsidab81 said:

Wow, ssv! My DNA is still without chassis, and honestly I hadn't thought of calculating my path resistance. Thanks so much for the very thorough response!

Also the thermo electric properties of the enclosure and 510 connector assembly are important.....I.E. how does a resistive change, due to heat/temperature/work, change calibrations etc....it's not just the change in resistance in the wire, but residual heat in the enclosure, and drift in resistance of the chassis/510 assembly....ideally the 510 connector is isolated form the case in some way (thermally and electrically) and same for the board....that way as the case drifts in temp etc the effects aren't as dramatic in the signal path....that's essentially what we are trying to quantity and calibrate against (null against)

So in the mad modder dna200 we have fully characterized the system, between 20 deg C and roughly 50 deg C.....we are expanding those windows to lower and higher temps, and that is the next stage in developing the calibrations/curves etc....the 20 C to 50 C window represents the largest cross section of potential scenarios, but doesn't cover freezing cold conditions or extremely hot conditions....that's the next step, but we had to build custom enclosure and jigs to measure that (in a thermal chamber), and those custom assemblies/test jigs need specific temp probes....so we are waiting on some non conductive fast response probes for those specific ranges right now....

the easy way around that would be a 3/4 wire RTD controller, that could null those properties (the way a standard milliohm meter or RTD thermometer work), but we are all stuck with the 510 connector, and that is only 2 conductors (one complete loop), so we can't send out a heater current to null against.....that means it's important for us to determine the standard deviations, and take them into account....especially since our wire is unique and the normalized resistivity slope is more granular than with Ni200....Ni200 is easier to calibrate against, because the changes in total resistance are more dramatic, so the margin for error is broader....but if you have a heating element that changes 0.1-0.2 ohm total from rest to max temp, and then you have a 510 connector that also changes from 0.028-0.04 ohm (between 70 deg F and 150 deg F) then you have to take that into account as well....as the added standard deviation is 0.012 ohms, plus the total resistance and the standard deviation in the wire itself.....a 0.012 sDEV is enough to throw the temp target window off by a bit.....how much is what we are finalizing....in some scenarios it could be relevant, in others not as much....but guessing isn't exactly science....=)

Darklyspectre said:

Well I know now where I am going to get my wire from when I am back in the US this december haha. Impressed by the work you guys are putting in this.

Thank you.  We want to give our customers the best possible experience.  Evolv has given us the tools to do that, so why not do our best to exploit them.  :thumb:

So far I am pretty impressed with the system, and I imagine it will only get better, as it matures and the bugs are worked out. 

I am also a bit concerned that 3rd party manufacturers are not calibrating their case thermal properties, mod resistance, and battery discharge curves correctly.....I have seen multiple eScribe sessions now, that users claim are defaults, that have totally wrong and/or mismatching settings.....especially with smaller battery packs, the manufacturers should be setting them up to not overpeak the packs, and the cell cut-off should be around 3.2 V.  Everything should be tailored to maximize charge (cycle) life, in such small packs....and certainly the devices should be running the same basic bootloaders/.ecigp files.....not sure what is going on (could be end user error).  This is sort of the double edged sword with eScribe and allowing end users to modify things like case thermal, mod resistance and battery curves....things can get messed up FAST (if end user doesn't know what they are doing yet).  This is why we want to make our SSV editions load from production utility....that way if anyone gets lost they can easily go back to our known/calibrated defaults

• 1 month later...