Escribe on android and/or is?

Are there any plans to create a simplified escribe app for Android or iOS?  This would be amazing.  Is it even possible to have the device monitor or atty analyzer on this kind of platform?  I think it would be fairly simple to write for android since it's a Linux based system.  And even if the device monitor and etc can't be used on a mobile a simplified version may draw in a while new crowd who may be overwhelmed by all the features provided. 

Also any plans on creating a blue tooth enabled version of the dna 200 on the future?  I can't imagine smok has exclusive rights on that type of thing. 

2016/17 isnt bad... coming out and re branding the same old sht is ridiculous. and plenty of companies do it, unfortunately, and thats no good for any one but profits. but hey thats how us forward thinkers work, always thinking about the next generation. but for now im fine with being tethered to a PC ,as this in and of itself is revolutionary for the industry. i think an app to create new profiles and adjust simple things that allow non techy users to take advantage of the DNA 200's great features. i KNOW this would open up a whole new market that hasnt been tapped, simply because people who arent like us are mostly intimidated when you tell them to upload a csv. or talk about thermal resistivity and what not. or even the people who have moved to tablets only, which alot of families have done.

For android could be possible with a otg cable like the one I use for my camera and USB sticks that would enable connecting the dna 200 to any android device Or could they be a firmware update that allows a USB blutetooth dongle to be connected into the usb on the dna 200 to do settings then removed?

Even with the dingle wouldn't that require extra hardware not included on the chip? Just like today I had a titanium Clapton coil that I built last night. Didn't have time to change settings on my pc and would've given my left nut to change the preheat punch. I've got a note 4, cable, everything to do it aside from the app. On a side note, Im going to learn to code. If you develop something simple that people love you'll be rich over night. E.g. Flappy bird. If you're good you can make that game in 2 hrs

I have coded for IOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux and several other OS's that are no longer used regularly.  Though there is some portability with Java, a complex, hardware interfacing application such as escribe is not a simple port.  I doubt we will see IOS or android versions any time soon, though a paired down IOS and android application that let you set some essential values could be less of a challenge than a full port.

As to flappy birds, if you get to the point where you can code that in two hours....wow.

I've seen programs that basically auto write the code for you minus some stuff as you put the game together through a GUI. And you're right, there's too many variations in android devices to allow the device monitor and all that. But just an app that let's you edit certain values, such as preheat shouldn't be too farfetched.

Azzitude said:

Windows tablets have usb ports ...just sayin

Actually, there's no such thing as a Windows tablet. The windows operating system has a Tablet Mode though. But yeah, if you want support for any device like this you'll have to go Windows. Android and IOS lack native support for devices like these (it goes far beyond just vaping gear). They can always go the route of the SMOK products and include bluetooth support, but it increases the pricetag and makes the mod larger. Some are OK with large mods, most want to keep it as small as possible.

I can definitely see it for the future, but costs for this stuff isn't beneficial at this point for most companies. Yes, they have to make money and be at the right price point to continue positive R&D.

Seems many are using this tablet and installing EScribe on it. (not sure you could charge the device from this tablet but I'm reading EScribe works on it tho.)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QDJ2FUK/ref=psdc_1232597011_t1_B00NSHLVD2

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QDJ2FUK/ref=psdc_1232597011_t1_B00NSHLVD2

Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL8SrxeIDaw

Spec's:  

For an inexpensive piece of hardware, this device has an amazing number of features:

• A quad-core Intel BayTrail CPU
  • 1 GB of RAM.
  • 16 GB solid-state disk drive.
  • A 7 inch (18 cm) IPS/LCD 1280x800 touch-sensitive screen.
  • A micro-HDMI connector that can provide a full HD 1920x1080 output to an external monitor.
  • TWO USB ports. One is a standard full-size USB 2.0 host port. 
    The other is a micro-USB port for charging the device.
    However, inserting an OTG ("On-The-Go") adapter cable (a kind of mini-USB hub commonly used on smartphones) into this port will create one or two additional USB host ports. An example of a cable that will do this is here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Adapter-Extension-Smartphone-Tablet/dp/B00FGKXY9S/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1426157398&sr=1-4&keywords=otg+cable
  • A micro-SD card slot that will accommodate cards up to 64GB.
  • WiFi b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Two 1600x1200 pixel cameras - one front-facing and one rear-facing.

Despite the CPU being a quad-core 64-bit device, the installed version of Windows 8.1 is the 32-bit flavor.

don't know what hardware interfacing escribe performs, as my perception is, it's purely a communications interface with a GUI.

The problem in the port to other OSs would have nothing to do with the DNA200 itself, but would depend on how deeply it is coded to the Windows  api, that's the only challenge in the port

p8ntballa9362 said:

2016/17 isnt bad... coming out and re branding the same old sht is ridiculous. and plenty of companies do it, unfortunately, and thats no good for any one but profits. but hey thats how us forward thinkers work, always thinking about the next generation. but for now im fine with being tethered to a PC ,as this in and of itself is revolutionary for the industry. i think an app to create new profiles and adjust simple things that allow non techy users to take advantage of the DNA 200's great features. i KNOW this would open up a whole new market that hasnt been tapped, simply because people who arent like us are mostly intimidated when you tell them to upload a csv. or talk about thermal resistivity and what not. or even the people who have moved to tablets only, which alot of families have done.

YES, an app for us non techy dna200 users to simplify customizing would be wonderful. its all so confusing to the beginner user.  we need an app to customize with, that doesnt take a genius to understand.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...