Tricks of the Trade

Was wondering if Evolv would be willing to share how they safely installed the boards once the battery was soldered (hard wired) to the board on the Reference Mods. The thought of NOT shorting something on the board to chassis while maneuvering it in there is a challenge for me.

Kapton tape below the balance connector and don't drop the screws, you could make some side protectors for fitting from thin cardboard to masks off the sides and bottom of the case while fitting. The case is not much wider than the board so left right location is easy, but you could put 2 thin 1.5" plastic rods in the screw holes to act like dowels when lowering the board, then fit the other screw, remove the rods and fit the last 2 screws.

(E: I am not connected to Evolv in any way, Mike knows, but though I should make that clear since the question was for them)

dc601 said:

How about pre-tinning the B+, B-, and 510 Out of the board and the wires of the battery and 510.  Set the board and solder the 510 out and B- first.  Solder the B+ last being careful not to short the wire to ground..

You are suggesting soldering after the chip is in.  I have thought of doing that for the Out and B-/B+.

mikepetro said:

My hands are way too big, and my eyes way too old to solder inside of that 1 inch box.

I too have the age related reality of old eyes and also have big hands. 

http://www.amazon.com/SE-MC329B-F2X-Illuminated-Magnifier-Table/dp/B00OC1OI3I/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1445203653&sr=8-5&keywords=illuminated+magnifier+lamp