Evolvs black reference mod!!

scoopy

I sent my beta reference mod in to be repaired and much to my surprise I received a black one back! For everyone that has seen Evolvs reference mod, it is raw aluminum and not colored in any way. I love this slick anodised finish they put on this as I was going to have it anodised or powder coated anyway. Thanks Evolv!!

20151104_181959_Division_St.jpg

20151104_183011_Clayton_St.jpg

20151104_183000_Clayton_St.jpg

20151104_182829_Clayton_St.jpg

Ya I know for sure he was coating some because I was talking to him about doing one for me but then Evolv sent this to me so now I'm a happy camper. Evolv anodised this one though.....I'm guessing it's the ones they are gonna be offering that they said they were gonna do

Yea I love having an Evolv made mod. I know it was made and put together correctly and will always be taken care of if it ever messes up. I do however wish it had a bigger battery but I have another reference style mod that has a max amps 2250 in it. I use the smaller Evolv made one when I'm on the go and need something small and portable. ....its so tiny yet still puts out a true 200 watts Here's my bigger reference style mod with the Maxamps 2250..(shapeways 3d print)

20151110_170346_Clayton_St.jpg

20151110_170336_Clayton_St.jpg

20151110_170226.jpg

Mine were made by yosikideri on face book . I love it. The cnc job is super smooth . Plus the grip on the battery half gives it some style. Waiting to grab an evolv 510 to put in it. I have a grey version in the mail now that I'm gonna build when it arrives. Have all parts just waiting on the case. I was thinking about the plastic prints but im not comfortable having a lipo in an abs case.I got these aluminum cases  for 55 dollars . The ones on shapeways are too much money for plastic .  Ive seen to many lipo fires in the 6yrs i been using them. they were all in the rc feild but it happens quite often in rc cars so i opted for the aluminum version

Yea they look very nice! And I like the fact you can put in a 1300 mah in there.What brand of lipo is it? I think I may order one for my wife.Are they easy to deal with and do they ship fast? What all do you get with the order? You are right the 3d prints are WAY to expensive and not all that great.I just got it for a quick easy build that would hold a big lipo when the chip first come out.

dont get me wrong if the same size 3d print wasn't 80 plus dollars i would have got one. but since i found these boxes for 55 bucks 68 shipped with tracking i had to go this route . the guy is great to deal with . i bought the black box prebuilt for 170 minus battery. took about 1.5 weeks from philippines . i put a 45 c 1300  glacier lipo in it for 15 dollars. i ordered another box this week for 55 it comes with the case and all the screws to mount chip and hold both halves together. its identical to the evolve case i believe except that its bigger on the battery side to fit the bigger battery. and the notches for the grip. i wanted an evolv box and this was the next best thing. hoping to grab one like u got soon. i have the vt200 i use as a work beater . but the reference box is one of my favorite designs. i love the one you have. i liked them raw but that black is sick