Sigelei 200 or Reuleaux 200?

augtism

Local shop is letting me swap my failed Hcigar DNA200 for either the Sigelei Fuchai 200 or the Reuleaux 200 without the DNA chip. He's also throwing in extra batteries and charger, to make up for the price.

I'm leaning towards the Reuleaux, but I like the form of the Fuchai better. I'm just happy to get away from DNA 200's. I've had two Hcigar DNA 200s and they both failed. I heard the Fuchai isn't up-gradable. Not a big deal if it works, but the Reuleaux is up-gradable, so that's a plus. It's the RX200 chip. Idk what to get

Doesn't sound much like a deal, trading a $160 plus device to a 50 or a 80 dollar device unless he is throwing in several sets of batteries. My self if it was still under warranty I'd have him get Hcigar replaced with a new dna board or device. You could also buy a replacement dna board and have that installed or perhaps even evolv will replace the board? of the two options you're offered, I prefer the ergonomics of the Rueleaux rx200 better than the sig because the SiG is comfortable to hold  in the right hand only. It also supports NI, TI only no SS like the Rueleaux RX200 is supposed to handle.

EDIT Didn't notice at first that the deal included a charger that makes it a little better

TrexWyo said:

Doesn't sound much like a deal, trading a $160 plus device to a 50 or a 80 dollar device unless he is throwing in several sets of batteries. My self if it was still under warranty I'd have him get Hcigar replaced with a new dna board or device. You could also buy a replacement dna board and have that installed or perhaps even evolv will replace the board?

He's also throwing in a battery charger. The first Hcigar that failed, he replaced it with a new one. The replacement failed and I don't want a new one again. I don't feel like even bothering with Hcigar anymore. I think his reasoning was those are their only other 200w devices. They won't even be in until Monday, so he gave me a temporary mod to use until Monday. Some Lutus box mod. I miss my Hcigar tho

dc601 said:

If the Chinese boards don't perform like a DNA200 you may still miss your HCigar tho.

If the Chinese boards don't perform like the DNA200 then I'll have a working mod lol ...you know...since I've had 2 DNAs and they both failed.

No but I get what you mean. Too bad they don't carry any other DNA200 mods or I'd swap for one instead.

What is this thread about? If I hated Evolv then why waste more of my time here?! LOL I probably have more DNA 200 Mods than most Reviewers, no failures yet. Maybe spend a few more bucks on a custom DNA 200 Mod or make one yourself. My favorite mass produced Mod is Vapor Shark and closely followed by the Reuleaux. Different Mods of different uses. Look at VaporLips.com and choose exactly what you want for $50-$100 more but you get quality, similarly there are other customs .. I'm not a fan of 3D printed, but wood, composites, metals, etc are out there. Evolv is an Enthusiasts board and for those that like to tinker, use more 'exotic' coils and wire types. Now if I'm going to only use Titanium, Ni200 or Kanthal then I'd probably still want quality. The only board I've found that rivals Evolv is Dicodes and if $350 for a 40W Tube is your thing then I'd consider it. Otherwise, the cheapest decent board is the Koopor's Treebox...

I don't hate the DNA 200. I just said if they had any other DNA200s then I'd swap with one instead, but the Hcigar VT200 is the only DNA200 mod there. It'll be my third VT200 if they even offered. He said I can choose between the segelei or Reuleaux, not another vt200.

Third time is the charm, right haha. Should I ask him if I can just get another one? It'll be my third one! It cost me $190. They probably won't let me, because the money they would lose. But I lost out on money to. I spent a lot of money on a DNA200 device, knowing what I was getting. Now I don't have one. And they probably won't give me a third VT200, because it's been over a month.

augtism said:

I don't hate the DNA 200. I just said if they had any other DNA200s then I'd swap with one instead, but the Hcigar VT200 is the only DNA200 mod there. It'll be my third VT200 if they even offered. He said I can choose between the segelei or Reuleaux, not another vt200.

Ah Gotcha. That's a damn high failure rate, don't get me wrong 'anything' can fail. Hmm maybe a bad batch, I'd wait until your shop gets a new shipment then try a new VT200 OR get a refund if possible and buy some other Mod.

You do know there is a warranty on that VT 200. I just swapped mine in for a brand-new one because it messed up. they covered it no problem. just contact the place where you bought it. you will have a warranty card in your original packaging that has your warranty number and everything on it. they will replace it for you and the chip itself is covered by evolv...

I believe that the problem is not the DNA 200, its the company that manufactured the mod. If you have had 2 on the same mod and both failed, that doesnt mean its the chip. Honestly, i would try to get your money back from wherever you got the mod from and buy a realaux dna200. the one i have is flawless. its the best mod i have ever had. or just get another brand mod with a dna chip, like the vapor shark. OR watch pbusardo's dna 200 round up for a better idea of all the dna 200 mods on the market right now.

Crazy idea, if you can afford it: double down, get two.

You obviously wanted the VT200 before the SHTF, so get two of them.

One is bound to work. If the other fails, you RMA it until it works, and you still have one to vape on.

End of the day, you now have failure-proofed yourself should this ever happen again (you'll have one to use, while one is being fixed).

And, you now have two of the thing you wanted most.

:D

Finally, in the future, if the units ever become discontinued and/or not available because HCigar disappears, FDA deeming regulations, etc., you'll have two of the same device to swap parts between to help get through the vapocalypse.

dc601 said:

Yep, ask him about replacing it one more time.  If not RMA it then to Evolv and see if they will help ya out if HCigar won't warranty it. Don't recall you saying what failed in your HCigars.

First one wouldn't charge anymore. Once it died, it never came on again. They replaced it with a new one. It randomly shut completely off one day. I plugged the charger in. Nothing, but a noise. A weird clickey noise came from the mod. Like a fast heartbeat. The screen didn't come on. I was nervous to even keep it on the charger. After some time on the charger it eventually came to life. It was really warm. Now it gets very warm when it charges. Also gets very warm when I used it. It got my tank very hot also, so I completely stopped using it. It died very fast while idle. Even when I didn't use it, it would die in about 90 minutes.

WranglerJackson said:

I believe that the problem is not the DNA 200, its the company that manufactured the mod. If you have had 2 on the same mod and both failed, that doesnt mean its the chip. Honestly, i would try to get your money back from wherever you got the mod from and buy a realaux dna200. the one i have is flawless. its the best mod i have ever had. or just get another brand mod with a dna chip, like the vapor shark. OR watch pbusardo's dna 200 round up for a better idea of all the dna 200 mods on the market right now.

I think you are right. It's Hcigar. I think it's their batteries, but I speculate. Good news, they are giving me a new Hcigar, because I asked. So happy. Heading over there soon.

Jalcide said:

Crazy idea, if you can afford it: double down, get two.

You obviously wanted the VT200 before the SHTF, so get two of them.

One is bound to work. If the other fails, you RMA it until it works, and you still have one to vape on.

End of the day, you now have failure-proofed yourself should this ever happen again (you'll have one to use, while one is being fixed).

And, you now have two of the thing you wanted most.

:D
Finally, in the future, if the units ever become discontinued and/or not available because HCigar disappears, FDA deeming regulations, etc., you'll have two of the same device to swap parts between to help get through the vapocalypse.

Yeah I can't afford that. I asked and he's letting me get a new one!

augtism said:

[QUOTE=WranglerJackson]I believe that the problem is not the DNA 200, its the company that manufactured the mod. If you have had 2 on the same mod and both failed, that doesnt mean its the chip. Honestly, i would try to get your money back from wherever you got the mod from and buy a realaux dna200. the one i have is flawless. its the best mod i have ever had. or just get another brand mod with a dna chip, like the vapor shark. OR watch pbusardo's dna 200 round up for a better idea of all the dna 200 mods on the market right now.

I think you are right. It's Hcigar. I think it's their batteries, but I speculate. Good news, they are giving me a new Hcigar, because I asked. So happy. Heading over there soon.[/QUOTE]

When ya grab the new one you might consider charging it up fully before messing with it.. just to be sure you start with a full charge.  

Jaquith said:

Ah Gotcha. That's a damn high failure rate, don't get me wrong 'anything' can fail. Hmm maybe a bad batch, I'd wait until your shop gets a new shipment then try a new VT200 OR get a refund if possible and buy some other Mod.

I asked they are letting me get a new one! It's my second replacement. And It's been well over a month, so that's crazy. These guys have a lifetime customer right here. I can't help but feel bad lol If you ever hear of NiceCloud shop there...awesome people.

Picking up my new Hcigar in about an hour. I have to drive at the store furthest away this time haha oh well

augtism said:

I asked they are letting me get a new one! It's my second replacement. And It's been well over a month, so that's crazy. These guys have a lifetime customer right here. I can't help but feel bad lol If you ever hear of NiceCloud shop there...awesome people.

Picking up my new Hcigar in about an hour. I have to drive at the store furthest away this time haha oh well

My fingers are crossed, and two thumbs up to your vape store! As mentioned, I agree full charge first with LiPo's.

augtism said:

[QUOTE=Jaquith] My fingers are crossed, and two thumbs up to your vape store! As mentioned, I agree full charge first with LiPo's.

Could never figure out if vt200s should be changed to 14.43wh or 11.1wh in escribe. You happen to know?[/QUOTE] 12.6V is the full voltage, 11.1V is the Nominal voltage. Your Wh, usable, is going to come 10-11 Wh. The Amperage draw lowers the Wh and so does the 3.1V early cutoff. Usable. Just in case anyone wants to argue that 10 Wh, Phil tested his to 9.9 Wh.

Thanks guys. I have it now. It's charging atm. I have not hooked it up to escribe yet. Letting it charge. But my previous Hcigar said 9 in the watt hours and 3.09v was the soft cell cut off and the charging mode was on Maximize Puffs. I left it as it is, because I wasn't sure what to put in the Wh. I checked online a lot. I find mixed opinions. Some say put 14.43 in the Wh, others say it's not actually 1300mah lipo it's a 1000mah lipo, so put 11.1Wh instead of 14.43. So I just kept mine at the default. Battery wasn't terrible at 9Wh. About 7 hours of moderate vaping. I just want to avoid this thing failing again. I should run the battery analyzer