What size NI/TI wire to get! (And post your builds!)

blank

I make exotic builds, but keep coming back to a 28 gauge, single, spaced, coil (all wire types, but Ni200, SS316, Titanium G1 via TC at the moment) around a 2 to 3mm rod. I just get better flavor from 28 awg and lower watts.

I also swear by spaced vs. contact coils for flavor, even for non-TC coils.

I have a DNA0 and a DNA200 and find that 28 gauge Ti works quite well for both.  It all depends on your vaping style and what you're looking for.  I've recently started trying twisted 30 gauge Ti in the DNA40 and twisted 28 gauge Ti in the DNA200, but like Jalcide, I keep coming back to the 28 gauge.  Works really well for me.

My preferences for TC wire are: Ni200 Tempered 26 gauge Titanium Grade 1 24 gauge Stainless Steel SS316L 24 gauge The above are the mainstream supported wire types that will work on the majority of Mods on the current Market. However, only a few Mods support SS wire. Not even close and not even for debate the best TC wire is Titanium Grade 1, my specific recommendation is Titan Wires 24 gauge. Titanium can be used on every TC Mod including Nickel only Mods if needed (just use temperatures under 320° F ). Probably the best theoretical TC wire is Platinum 24 gauge, it's a nontoxic, won't oxidize and is a Nobel metal. However, it's off the charts expensive 6" 24 gauge $60 to $70. It has a similar TCR to Titanium.

Just made an interesting build, A tiger coil made from 28 gauge Ni200 with .8x.1 Kanthal ribbon wire. Used the tcr calculations from steam engine for parallel mixed wire since it doesn't allow for twisted mixed wire. The results were a 0.07 ohm coil consisting of 12 wraps around a 2.5mm arbor for a dual vertical coils in a Steam crave aromamizer rdta. temperature set for 440 F very favorable dense warm vape. In my opinion, anything twisted results in a better more favorable vape than you can get with a single wire. Granted not quite as good as a clapton coil build but close

I'm pretty new to Temp control but so far I prefer 24G Ti grade 1 in my RTA's a std spaced coil. In the velocity I've tried a few different ones and last night built a 9 wrap dual coil 24/30 Clapton with Ti , I was sceptical if it would work but it's absolutely amazing both flavour and vapour.

I have 26g and 28g ni200 played with it for a while had a funny metalic taste when coil would run dry/temp protection. And have been loving 24g ti grade 1 spaced or complex builds it runs rock soild. Just have found with helix or staple builds run at a low wattage first due to the fact you can't dry burn and work hot spots or build a oxidation layer on the kanthal.

• 2 weeks later...