Hana V200

monster92

John said:

The entire 510 just screws in, it is an M18-.75 thread. 

So Hana Modz could send me the same 510?

And Tom, I pretty much am doing that, but I never tap my 510's.

Also, if I unscrew the board, and remove it, what's the process of doing so and then putting it back in? I'm only going to desolder the wire on the stock 510, so once the board is unscrewed, what's on the other side and what's the process of removing and putting it back in like?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MikeTheVapeDude said:

[QUOTE=John]The entire 510 just screws in, it is an M18-.75 thread. 

So Hana Modz could send me the same 510?

And Tom, I pretty much am doing that, but I never tap my 510's.

Also, if I unscrew the board, and remove it, what's the process of doing so and then putting it back in? I'm only going to desolder the wire on the stock 510, so once the board is unscrewed, what's on the other side and what's the process of removing and putting it back in like?[/QUOTE] Hardest part is getting the board off and on without damaging the screen as its glued in. U prob can chalk the screen up as a loss

Tomr1088 said:

Hardest part is getting the board off and on without damaging the screen as its glued in. U prob can chalk the screen up as a loss

Isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip will take that glue off easily w/o damaging anything. 

I used a piece of closed cell foam with electrical tape reversed and sandwiched it between the screen and board. 

Anybody got a cheap Wheel Barrow so's I can carry one of these mods :)

Though I own a DNA200 for testing purposes, Im so hoping for a smaller footprint chip with the same characteristics as the DNA200 (less max wattage, single 18650) so a squonker like me can take part in all this excitement, you just can't build a reasonably sized squonker with this chip

As the owner of almost a dozen DIY DNA 40 devices, the only thing Im missing with the chip is the extended capabilities of setting TCR and other customizations offered by the DNA200, UId be very happy with 40 watts and all this capability

Why? What's so great about the preheat function is the access to higher wattages, your coil heats up instantly, and curves out at your base temperature. Useful for nickel claptons and such. Plus 40W never did it for me anyway. Also, the V200 is very small, I don't get the wheel barrow thing at all..

Also, how do you just sandwich that tape in the board and remove the glue?

And no my 510 is not broken but it has skimpy little thin threads and I just don't like it.

The glue comes off with isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip. I cut a small piece of foam and taped one end of a 2" piece of electrical tape on it, then wrapped it backwards with the sticky side out so it stays put. The pressure of the foam sandwiched between the board and screen holds it in place and the tape makes sure it doesn't move. The enclosure has a slot milled out for the screen so the display lines up perfectly. 

BobC said:

Anybody got a cheap Wheel Barrow so's I can carry one of these mods :)...can't build a reasonably sized squonker with this chip

I have laid out three squonkers.  Currently testing this one:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/R52DK7LSJ/dna200-squonker-v2-7?li=shop-results&optionId=57414597

How big is too big?

Bob, are you aware of the DNA200 devices that take only 2 18650's? I heard they cap out at 130 Watts, enough for you, but you could save space if the device is made right. Then again, if you vape such low wattages, an 800 Mah 2S Lipo is TINY, could give you the capped 130 watts and save space. I'm not sure if a 2S Lipo would work, but if two 18650's will I don't see why not..

Though I'm not sure of the 130 watts dual 18650 option, but I see a lot of modders offering it as an option so I'm sure it is true.

Although a single 18650 would be great for "the small mod" there are some small 2S and 3S lipos that come pretty close. If you want a really teeny tiny mod, the DNA 200 might not be the best platform to start with. Get or build a DNA 200 mod to develop and analyze your best coiling and wicking technique, then also have another teeny tiny mod for the suit pocket. As another approach, there are some 18350s where a pair would allow you to go up to about 40 Watts. My understanding is there is some way to set a somewhat permanent limit on the DNA 200 so it wouldn't allow going above a defined power level.