Mod resistance issues

Alex faught

I just bought a wismec with the dna200 chip. I have been having issues with the mod resistance and was wondering if anyone has been having the same issue. I have already searched this forum for answers to no avail. When I am using just regular kanthal builds, I have to set the mod resistance to .07 to get the screen to read the proper atomizer resistance. When I want to use temp control I have to set the mod resistance to 0 to get it to function right (otherwise it produces hardly any vapor). If I try to use it in power mode without resetting the mod resistance back to .07 the screen atomizer resistance is off, I lose my quick ramp time and I have to use a higher wattage than I normally do if I set the mod resistance. Why is this? It is pretty inconvenient to have to constantly hook it up to the computer and set the mod resistance when I want to switch back and forth between temp and power mode. There should be an option to set the mod resistance on each profile tab in my opinion.    Any advice would be greatly appreciated    -Alex

Even set at .0035 the reading on my kanthal build is incorrect and I have no ramp time along with having to set it at a higher wattage to get the same performance as I do when I have it set at .07. I have a two post glacier with a build in it that is .05 (I have checked it on several mods and meters). I have to have it set at .07 for it to read the resistance of the atty correctly. The problem with this is I lose out on temp control functionality.

I think that the other things your reading resistance on is wrong, it is difficult at such low resistances and even meter leads often have a res of 0.2, setting mod res too high with temp limiting will cause problems.  The DNA does not use the resistance to workout the wattage like many less sophisticated boards so this will not cause the problem you describe with Kanthal.  

changing the mod resistance for different profiles wouldnt make sense at all. the mod resistance doesnt change.... its the same mod. the mod resistance only matters when you are using temp control because the mod will subtract the mod resistance from both the base resistance when installed as well as the under load resistance to get a true value for the change in resistance. this proper resistance change is then used to calculate the temperature more accurately. in power mode just turn up the wattage. who cares. 

on a final note the ohmmeter on the DNA200 is the most accurate i have seen on any mod so far. the only things which i have encountered which are more accurate are professional multi meters and oscilloscopes. 

Margucci is correct. Mod resistance will never need changed once set correctly except maybe as the mod deteriorates with time. I've also checked the the resistance on the DNA board against two different multi meters and it is very accurate. Maybe check your atty for a problem. I would pickup one of these to test and get the proper resistance. https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66031-topic/?do=findComment&comment=893419

I work in the radio communications field, I am very familiar with electronics. As I have previously stated, I have checked them on several meters (including a very expensive fluke). .07 seems to be the sweet spot for it to read correctly on the screen and have a quick ramp time on kanthal builds. I set it to .004 and the temp control works well I just have turn the wattage higher in power mode to achieve the same performance. That I really don't care about, it's the ramp time that I am losing that gets me.

QUOTE=VapingBad]0.07 is way too high, Wismec ship them set to 0.003 & I measured mine at 0.004 so set it to 0.0036.[/QUOTE] similar situation with setting the mod resistance , although mine came out of the box set at zero and I had to install the wismec setting myself. The resistance on my Reuleaux came out at 0.007 so I set it at 0.0056 allowing a generous 20 % considering that OE was 0.003. There is no change in coil resistance reading but it vapes like crap, I'm not even going to bother with a cotton test to see how far out the TC is now. just off topic, I found the case analysis results to be higher than what Wismec gave in their mod settings, is this typical?

I ended up making a copper slug and measured my resistance to be .005. I set it to .004 and ran with it. While the temp control does work much better now the mod is much more sluggish in power mode. If one wants to see what I am talking about, set the mod resistance to .07 and see just how much of a difference there is in power mode. I just wish the power mode performance stayed the same regardless of the mod resistance setting.