Which is more accurate a TCR number or CSV file?

i dunno dude. i'm not great at math. if it's working for you with turning your temp down, up, sideways great. call it good and vape on. i know with ss the tcr is so low the board has that much less of a tcr to regulate temp within. can make the vape inconsistent. make sure to lock your ohms with ss because of the low tcr. and spaced coils are friendlier.  the latest escibe is a beta version so it's not an automatic update yet. but everyone's using it. in a sense the board is kinda guessing at the temp of the coil, but through resistance changes in the coil hence the use of a TCR.

Vaportron said:

I check atomizer resistance and it says the atty is stable should i still lock ohms? Thanks again

IMHO, I would never lock the ohms on a stable atty connection, it kind of defeats how the mod determines temp.

It is useful when you have a flakey atty but if not , I'd stay far away from the lock ...  just my .02

i was just wondering bc im running 0.00092 on tcr
in my igo w i have a 6/7 wrap 0.71ohm 100%vg that is really great at 350F
but in my tfv4 mni rba i have a 4 wrap 0.40ohm 30pg/70vg set to 495F which is very comparable but at 350F on the igo w the vape hits harder.
both 2 strand 0.3mm twisted single coil 316l ss / 6mg / 200W / preheat 1,1,0

if i change tanks that have different resistances they should vape similar if not the same when set to any desired temp, not be completely way off. i could say maybe its the juice but the juice that hits harder has more vg??

i have read about some "anemic" or cold coils but were mostly all talking about when running dual coils.

TCR and CSV files are the exact same thing within a given range. if your CSV file has only two points, room temperature and 600*F the result would be identical as a TCR value. however, usually in a CSV file it is separated into temperature ranges. so you have one TCR from room temp-300*, 300-350, 350-400, 400-450, 450-500, 500-550, and 550-600. if the change in resistance varies with temperature than this will give you the best overall result. if the TCR stays constant across temperature than it wont make a difference. materials like SS dont vary much at all. however, as is easily seen in steam engine this isnt the case with nickel. in the case of nickel the TCR is determined at what someone at some point decided was the "ideal temperature" and looked at the TCR between room temperature and that point. therefore at that specific temperature the TCR will be very accurate. however, the more you stray from that temperate the more inaccurate the temperature will be. keep in mind that this is with the proper values. because without that neither would be accurate .