Ni works Ti01 doesn't

DutchErt3

made some twisted 26g Titanium wire 8 wraps either side (16 since it was two wires) and for some reason the temp mode doesn't even try to calculate resistance

that said 30g nickle with 38g nichrome works fine.

I made sure they turned blue before using them, all the connections where tight and for about a night it seemed to be working (no dry hits) but when I had a dry hit I did a hard reset tried it coils again and managed to light my cotton on fire. 

Switched to a week old nickle build and everything worked like you would expect

If it does not see the coil raise temp by at least 150 F in the first second it will stop trying to operate it as a temp sensing coil.  It could be a cold res too high, not enough power to get the coil to temp, connection issues (twisted needs all the strands firmly clamped), mismatched materials profile or wraps touching and shorting, not a complete list just the first things I can think of and not specific to Ti, there maybe some threads on Ti that will help.  I would start by checking the resistance is stable in Atomiser Analyser and then look Device Monitor to see how the temp is raising (you may need to force new coil (discon & fire) to get it back into temp mode) to get it over a 150 F change in first second, maybe an increase in preheat if it can't get to temp or power if it can sustain temp.

Have you tried using a custom CSV curve off Steam Engine? Just curious. Naturally it's only set to detect nickel. G1 Titanium is the curve you want. If you ARE using the custom curve, it makes me wonder if your 510 is detecting the atomizer properly, or even if the atomizer has a secure and stable enough connection to be used with TC.

blueridgedog said:

@vapingbad: Not enough power to get the coil up to temp is a good addition.  I have not considered that one, but some may be running way to low to trigger TC mode.

Cheers blueridgedog, I mainly use Ni so it is easy to forget Ti and SS coils have a lot more mass to heat.