OLED Screen Source

RMA'd a DNA 200 screen to evolv, been a few weeks, no word. For the future I am wondering if anyone has found a new source. I know there has been no supply for a while but read a while back that there might be a new source or solution. Anyone got any leads. Do not wanna have to do a 5 week RMA or buy a whole new chip each time one of these delicate little screens give out. I can find a lot of 0.69 inch 8PIN OLED Display Screens with SSD1307 Drive IC but it seems like something 0.91 inch with 128x32 dots always uses a 14 pin connector. What are the exact specs on the dna200 screens?

VapingBad said:

The DNA40 large screens will, I am 99.999% sure the RX200 will not work with a DNA200.

Screens with the green tabbed film on them will work with the DNA40 and 200. Screens with the red tabbed film will only work on the DNA200.

No components from any manufacturers other than Evolv are compatible with our boards, or have been tested.

Nick said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]The DNA40 large screens will, I am 99.999% sure the RX200 will not work with a DNA200.

Screens with the green tabbed film on them will work with the DNA40 and 200. Screens with the red tabbed film will only work on the DNA200.

No components from any manufacturers other than Evolv are compatible with our boards, or have been tested.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Nick, I took the liberty of appending to the FAQ since it often comes up.

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=Nick][QUOTE=VapingBad]The DNA40 large screens will, I am 99.999% sure the RX200 will not work with a DNA200.

No components from any manufacturers other than Evolv are compatible with our boards, or have been tested.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Nick, I took the liberty of appending to the FAQ since it often comes up.[/QUOTE] Great, thank you!

Nick said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad][QUOTE=Nick][QUOTE=VapingBad]The DNA40 large screens will, I am 99.999% sure the RX200 will not work with a DNA200.

Thanks Nick, I took the liberty of appending to the FAQ since it often comes up.[/QUOTE] Great, thank you! [/QUOTE]

So for us it is mainly an issue if we borrow a screen from a 40 when we come to replace it later as all DNA40 screens fit the 200, but not vise versa if I read that correctly.

Nick said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]The DNA40 large screens will, I am 99.999% sure the RX200 will not work with a DNA200.

No components from any manufacturers other than Evolv are compatible with our boards, or have been tested.[/QUOTE]so if the new red tab oled works with only the dna 200, what separates it from working with the dna40? and what makes the green tab compatible with both dna's? you've peaked my interest with that little tidbit of info. you'd think if the red works with the 200 it would work with the 40, considering the green works between both. Weird i tell ya, weird.

I would guess it is that the 200 firmware knows how to talk to both and the red is slightly different protocol or wiring and they added the capability to the 200 fw when they first got warning that there was going to be a shortage.  But they can't update the DNA40 that are already out there and/or the processor hasn't got enough spare space to take the extra routines.   This is just a guess, I don't know if it it the case it just makes sense to me.

Sorry to be a pain Nick;::; we have only started hearing about these red tab screens the last few weeks, does that mean screens are now coming though again, and a stock will slowly build up to a point where these screens can be sold seperatly again? theres definatly a market for them amongst mod builders, Reading through posts on the forum it sounds like theyr in moor demand than the fuse..

• 2 weeks later...

As an FYI and sorry if this has been posted somewhere... I think the below is accurate.

Here is a link to the options for our screen (DNA 200 appears to use MI12832DO-W5 due to SPI interface).
Here is the actual link to the above screen (sometimes does not completely load)
Here is an alternate link to the full spec

Also, why would this display not work?  From what I can see the spec sheets look identical.

Mikla said:

As an FYI and sorry if this has been posted somewhere... I think the below is accurate.

Here is a link to the options for our screen (DNA 200 appears to use MI12832DO-W5 due to SPI interface).
Here is the actual link to the above screen (sometimes does not completely load)
Here is an alternate link to the full spec

Also, why would this display not work?  From what I can see the spec sheets look identical.

no this screen will NOT work the ribbon cable pin out has way too many connections.

DNA40/DNA200 Replacement Screen 0.91 inch 128x32 OLED Display Module,Serial SPI,SSD1306,White on Black