Best way to put the screen ribbon in place?

• 6 months later...

What do you do if you broke the clip? The cable of the screen seems to still be in place, as it does work, however the little clip that is suppose to lock it in place, I somehow broke. And I was trying to be very careful when I removed the board out of my diy mod (had to remove the board to  put in a bigger battery and solder longer  + an - leads to the board) . Is there some sort of anything I can use to keep it secured into place so it won't come out?

rask116@hotmail.com<rask1 said:

What do you do if you broke the clip? The cable of the screen seems to still be in place, as it does work, however the little clip that is suppose to lock it in place, I somehow broke. And I was trying to be very careful when I removed the board out of my diy mod (had to remove the board to  put in a bigger battery and solder longer  + an - leads to the board) . Is there some sort of anything I can use to keep it secured into place so it won't come out?

your best bet is open a ticket with evolv and RMA the board. if for some reason that's out of the question or shipping is too expensive, you could try some sort of tape or a putty that will harden over the zif socket to keep the ribbon from moving/pulling out. or maybe somehow secure the ribbon with a good tape at the base of the ribbon right where it meets the zif socket. just know if you use a glue product you're most likely not going to be able to change the screen if something happens to this one.

keep in mind, the zif socket latch not only holds it place, it's also responsible for making a solid connection from socket to cable.

maybe someone who had this happen to them could add some info on what they used as fix.