Vapor Shark DNA 200

cabrera17

just received my dna 200 from vapor shark today been testing its limits and i love it coming from the Hana Modz V200 the vapor shark really stepped their game up big i have sold my hana modz because of all the issues i had with it i was able to sell it for the price i payed so i wasn't at a loss going to stick with the vapor shark dna 200 really a well made device and its going to last for a long time

• 3 weeks later...

Been a fan of the sharks since the release of the dna30.  the form factor is addicting, and they've always treated me well.  He'll, I still use my dna30 sometimes. I got my dna200 shark on first release (born on date is 08/21) love it! The battery life is what it is, but the 2a charging makes it work. I use a 2.4a backup battery if I need to, (which is rare).  I work in an office and can charge it or vape pass through during the day so if I leave work with a fill charge and go out after work I still have a full charge to play with all night.
Still, it will be nice to get the clockmaker DNA in, 1100 mah vs 900 mah, hopefully they put out the 1300 mah expansion.

ccwl@hotmail.ca said:

Just got mine today, very nice mod but battery life is not so good, hoping there will be a better replacement or something !

Not sure what you were expecting but should be equivalent to a decent 18650. May take a couple of charge cycles to reach full capacity. The good news is zip charging is faster than any other mod.

Forgot to say, I made a few screen changes that made a noticeable improvement in the battery life. 
Changed the brightness to 40% on all screens
Changed the screen timeout to 1 second everywhere

Also with ss as my metal of choice for TC, even in dual coil applications 50-60w with a 75-80w preheat is perfect for all day dripping.

mknight said:

Forgot to say, I made a few screen changes that made a noticeable improvement in the battery life. 
Changed the brightness to 40% on all screens
Changed the screen timeout to 1 second everywhere.

Stock 30 second timeout is ridiculous
At 40% brightness will be hard to see in bright sunlight

Adding a screen to my okr 50watt mod make me go from 3day to 2 day

The 40% really doesn't bother me much, considering I work in an office and for whatever reason dont use the screen that often anyway really, I just hate having it in stealth mode in the event that I do want to change atomizers or make an adjustment or just wanna see what going on.  not to mention its overcast here more often than not, loll

Yeah, im on the 3rd charge cycle and it seems to be holding charge better now, probably just had to be broken in a bit! Still going to pick up another replacement battery although I hear charging Lipos is a pain??

Also will mess around with the brightness and see if that helps!

magerb said:

When I charge my Vapor Shark DNA 200 the green light around the fire button does not come on indicating the device is fully charged. Is this an issue with the Vapor Shark? Anyone else's device do this? Also the red ring while charging is very dim and hard to see.

Yes this is how the VS 200s seem to work - dim red during charge and no green at the end. Shame, I liked the way it worked on the rDNAs better.

• 4 months later...
alistairs said:

[QUOTE=magerb]When I charge my Vapor Shark DNA 200 the green light around the fire button does not come on indicating the device is fully charged. Is this an issue with the Vapor Shark? Anyone else's device do this? Also the red ring while charging is very dim and hard to see.

Yes this is how the VS 200s seem to work - dim red during charge and no green at the end. Shame, I liked the way it worked on the rDNAs better.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I much prefer the way the charge light on the power button on my rDNA40 works compared to the DNA200 power button. It would be interesting to know what they changed and if the DNA200 power button can be changed out or upgraded.

• 4 weeks later...

So I am really new to vaping and I don't know a lot about it but went big and bought the vaporshark dna200 mod with a aspire triton tank. The coil that I am using is vaporesso c cell ceramic kanthal  .9ohm coil. Loving the setup, however my mod reads my coil at .7ohm and I am running it at 35w. I did the atomizer analyzer and my raw ohms read .949, normal ohms .699 and cold ohms .708. How can I adjust my mod so it reads at a constant .9 ohm? Is there a feature on escribe? Please help. Also, since I am very new to vaping( only doing it two weeks) any other tips and advice that you can assist me on would be a great help.

Seems like your mod resistance is set to 0.250 ohms, I don't know what it should be for your mod but that seem very high to me.  It won't do any harm reducing the value and this thread is about measuring it yourself (you must set it to 0 before measuring) https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65594-topic/  The cold ohms will usually be a little lower than the normal & raw you don't want to make them match.

• 1 year later...

hi all just purchased a spare battery for my vapor shark dna250 off the vapor sharks site can anyone tell me if these just plug in please, still got no order comfirmation from them my local b|&m say they are going out of business i hope not as they have £50 of my money

Edited by bootsy