Wismec dna200 510 connection

Hi guys, First post ;) Been looking at the 510 on my second hand dna200 weismec and it looks like the insulator ring might give way soon which will cause issue. Have been thinking about the fat daddy range. Anyone got a photo of the inside of the rolo where the 510 mounts for space inside the mod as I know fat daddy's sometimes need a lot of spare room Tia guys

I just did some measuring of the case near the 510. The top of the case is 2 mm thick, the recess is 1 mm deep, that only leaves 1 mm if those protrusions in the well and the rails on the inside where the 510 slides into place are removed. I was just inside mine a couple of days ago concerned with the 510' insulator. I suspect those rails that the 510 fits into are supported at the case above the fire button, I paid no attention to that when I was inside. Then is the battery cradle going to clear? While quit possible to do it looks challenging. I would like to change mine too but will wait till it's necessary I guess.

dwcraig1 said:

I just did some measuring of the case near the 510. The top of the case is 2 mm thick, the recess is 1 mm deep, that only leaves 1 mm if those protrusions in the well and the rails on the inside where the 510 slides into place are removed. I was just inside mine a couple of days ago concerned with the 510' insulator. I suspect those rails that the 510 fits into are supported at the case above the fire button, I paid no attention to that when I was inside. Then is the battery cradle going to clear? While quit possible to do it looks challenging. I would like to change mine too but will wait till it's necessary I guess.

agreed mate, if the rails dont get in the way then the other thing i thought which would make it tight would be the batt tray.

By the looks of the photo above theres not much room between the current 510 and the chip/board by the +&- connections, Could cause an arch if its too close.

• 3 weeks later...