Board auto locking while vaping

Hey guys, need some help here please. I have 2 mods that are acting funky. One is a boxer style dual 18650 i made myself and the other is the vapor shark. Both dna200 boards. What happens is that while I vape the board will automatically go into locked mode. I can click it out again but it will keep doing it. Sometimes il get 10 hits and sometimes it'll lock during every 2 or 3 hits. I also notice the ramp acting funny and laggy when it's about to act up also changing the wattage will be laggy and slow. The fact that it's acting the exact same on 2 different mods is making me hopeful that maybe there's something that can be done to fix it without sending them in. I've tried tons of tanks and does this with all. They're both still under warranty but I'd much rather not part with them lol. I'm thinking it's software glitch related or something I have not done. I haven't had these issues with any of my other dna200 mods. Thank you for your help!

Had one VS that acted the same way. It was the fire button that you press, does the click, but then you had to force it a bit more to fire. Until you realize that and apply more force, some times you ended doing 5 fast clicks and locking the device.

It's annoying, but respect to VS and evolve - they always solved my problems. I'm actually with my 4th VS, and so far, so good.

After the 3rd problem with VS the vendor (a friend of mine) asked if i wanted to get an SX instead - My answer was like - "No, thanks. I prefer the DNA - While is working well, is Very, Very, Good"

Once they solve all the "gremlins", DNA 200 is a great board.

I Think i saw some topic about how to disassemble the button to clean it and so. Dont find it now.

One question to someone at evolv: Does changing the fire button to a more solid one (done by someone with more years on eletronics than i have of living) voids the board warranty?

I seem to start to get a less response from my fire button, and instead of getting it back again, maybe that could be a solution... But i would not want to lose warranty on the rest because of that operation...

Jvape78 said:

....What happens is that while I vape the board will automatically go into locked mode. I can click it out again but it will keep doing it. Sometimes il get 10 hits and sometimes it'll lock during every 2 or 3 hits. I also notice the ramp acting funny and laggy when it's about to act up also changing the wattage will be laggy and slow...

Hello.
And it's my problem.
Fire button work good. "Fire button" is "Fire button", but the automatic locking when pressed - the program "2016-02-29 EScribe 1.0.42" is working wrong. We are using a "trial" version.
I think the "program" is working bad. (I have 2S mode 18650)
Sorry.
Thanks.

jurdanas said:

Hello.
And it's my problem.
Fire button work good. "Fire button" is "Fire button", but the automatic locking when pressed - the program "2016-02-29 EScribe 1.0.42" is working wrong. We are using a "trial" version.
I think the "program" is working bad. (I have 2S mode 18650)
Sorry.
Thanks.

If you think it is the 2016-02-29 firmware you can install a previous firmware versiuon and see if that fixes it

Time talk.
I leave version "2016-02-29". Only change "Lock" from "5" to "6" (any larger number) and upload new settings.
Now works fine two day without "AUTO-FIRE-LOCK" and other nonsense.
Say bad uploaded parameters, no, I try several times, no one will remain unchanged. Only change from "5" to "6", and everything is fine, now.
MAYBE o.O :hug: