Wismec DNA 200 Acting Strangely

NathanG

Afternoon, thanks for taking the time to read this but i really need some help here.

Anyway.......

My wismec releaux is really playing up. Yesterday i went to have a vape on the way home from work and my wismec was dead which was weird as the batteries were at 98% charged. I was attempting to vape at a massive 17w on temp with titanium at 390 degrees. 

Came home and swapped out the batteries for some 100% charged ones and nothing, still dead. Plugged into escribe and after much faffing about (i'm on a mac) updated all the software and done a hard reset (as i noticed it had been suggested on here several times) and boom the wismec lived. 

Now though however if i leave it for more than 30 mins it totally dies again and the only way to get it to turn back on is to plug it in for a second into the usb? I dont get it. The screen goes totally black and it won't fire, plug it into a usb for a second and she comes straight back to life like nothing has happened but that only lasts for 30 mins or so, if i don't use it it won't turn back on unless i plug it back in.

Thanks for reading,

Any suggestions.

Deep sleeps after 30 minutes and won't wake up without an USB connection? Hmm... just a long shot. Try plugging in the USB cable with the other end is connected to nothing to see if it still wakes up. Next try giving it just power through the USB (like from a wall adapter to USB adapter). This would show whether the data lines are needed to turn it on. And lastly this shouldn't have anything to do with anything, but does it do the same without an atty attached? If it doesn't, that would be a huge clue.

I waited for it to properly fall asleep again and i've just tried....

Pluggin in a usb (usb side of the cable NOT plugged into anything) and nothing, still dead.  Whether the atty is attached makes no odds what so ever.  Plugged the usb end into a power source and she comes straight to life as normal.  It needs to be plugged into a power source to come to life, its like it needs a jump start.

I don't see how that would help though, the device and Escribe were both on an older version of firmware before and the decvice always worked fine but yesterday it stopped working unless i plugged it into a power source to turn it on first.

The last time i used Escribe was in November due to Escribe not being mac comparable its a bit of a pain so i can't see how downgrading to an earlier version of Escribe would solve this and the device was on an older version firmware to start with anyway and it stopped working.

No, don't mess with the version of EScribe, leave that one alone. But while EScribe is open and the DNA200 is connected, click on Tools -> Update Firmware.

The idea of changing the firmware is all it takes is one bit toggled wrong to make the mod to act totally odd. Normally this isn't a problem. But once every blue moon or so it might happen.

Nathan already has the latest version of EScribe and firmware. But the problem started back with an earlier of both. My idea is that a newer firmware may not reset something, but leaves it as is. But most users it won't affect. But if there is an old glitch there, the update didn't reset that part of the code or data.

The only other thing left that I can think of trying is resetting the Statistics in the Device Monitor. In case the data got corrupt or something.

Well only one thing left. In EScribe, file and save should save everything. I would use save as and create a brand new file name after you connection and download from the device. I would save your profiles too (you don't have too) and your theme (again and you don't have to). And under the General tab there is a button that says Restore Defaults.

Now if that doesn't help, I can't think of anything else except a hardware failure. And be careful after Restore Defaults. Wattages and TC and maybe other things won't be where you left them.

NathanG said:

Whats an RMA. Ive saved the setting etc and restored as per previous post but nothing. Still the same.

For Evolv's RMA start here:
http://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add
RMA= sending back to manufacturer for fixing. (return merchandise authorization)
I doubt if Wismec will assist you, perhaps the vendor where you bought it will help.

Wismec warrenty is 90 days so its a no go from them as mine is nearly 5 months old. Same goes for the vendor too. I've emailed Evolve to see what they have to say. Its a poor show really because if the brakes fail on your car you take it back to the manufacturer not the people who made the brakes yet with a mod the manufacturer doesnt want to know so you have to go direct to the company that made the components.

dwcraig1 said:

Here's another choice (no it's more than $1), they will handle the board warranty with Evolv.
http://www.protovapor.com/product/third-party-evolv-dna-device-board-replacement/

Awesome. I'll see what Evolve have to say 1st and go from there. Would be loads easier if there was one in the UK though but anything is better than nothing.