Shorting

Matts4888

So I just got a VaporShark dna200 3 days ago in the mail. Got it right from the VaporShark site. For 3 days it was working perfect...then it started saying my atomizers were shorted, it would work on and off but as of today it's totally not working. Even when I have no atomizer on it, instead of saying check atomizer it says short. On Monday I'm sending it back to VaporShark for a replacement but if anyone here has a fix for me I wouldn love to not have to wait however long to get my new one so any advice would help. Or am I just out of luck?

definitely send it in to VS and let them fix it. you have the warranty so that's good. is there any stray metal shavings/strands that you can see inside of the 510 threading of the mod? can you get a light and shine it down into the connector to make sure there's nothing metallic shorting your 510? also make sure your center pin is free moving (up and down).  

I'll assume you checked the obvious like something inside the 510 connector.  Short of taking it apart and doing a careful physical inspection of the wiring at the output connections there isn't anything else to do.  Taking it apart might void the warranty so I'd just send it back.  Out of curiosity what charge level is on the battery?  Sometimes one of mine will show "check atomizer" just before it says "weak battery".

When I called VaporShark they told me to restore to factory settings so it's been plugged into the computer...it's at 99% right now. I'm probably just going to send it back for a replacement. It's just annoying. I have checked the 510, in every way possible way so in guessing it's an internal problem. I'm pretty good with wiring but like you said I don't want to void the warranty and I don't trust my skills enough to start breaking it open.