Battery Issues Help Please!

I know this may be a dead horse but I'm having issues with my battery. I have done a hard, soft reboot, I have done a USB recovery charge, I have soldered and re-soldered my connections. updated firmware 2/23/16. I'm using a modcrate 950 box with a protovaper 510. I'm very frustrated and ready to toss it out the window! I just got this board and have broke 1 screen already (ordered 2 boards). Software is set to 3 cell lipo. The charging screen never comes up just the running screen. As you can see below none of my cells are below 1v I'm stumped! Any help? Oh and I'm using a turnigy 950 lipo. 

Untitled.png   
IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

lipo is new i take it? what are the actual individual cell voltages using a multi meter?  if all cells are balanced and at decent levels then you could have some problems where the balance wires meet the board. ex. ejuice near or on jst solder points, flux residue also creates problems if not cleaned off entirely, cold solder joints. if those ARE the true cell voltages, you got a bum lipo. over 4.20 volts kills lithium cells.

I can just see one of your jst solder joints pokeing up behind the usd connector and looks very clean and well done, presuming the rest of the soldering is to that standard (allthough a pic would be good) i can tell you i had a board that wouldn take on a charge or even show the battery symbol, i put it down to componants on the board and sent it back, i wouldnt throw it out the window, lol, thats allways the trouble with mod building, does yerh head in, all the work and then it wont run. some manufacturers sell boards with leads pre soldered and sealed over, i dont believe its so much they dont trust the builder, its moor they can test it moor thoroughly, you should get a straight swap over on that. i reccon if you had a petty short at that end, it would either burn free or just burn big time..

I believe it was my battery. I unhooked the balance charging plug and cell 1&3 read 0 but cell 2 was 1.7v with just the pos/neg leads attached. And when I unhooked the battery completely and only use the USB I could navigate some of the other screens that wouldn't come up before ie normal and stealth. Also when I would reheat the balance charger leads my cell 2&3 would swap volts ie cell2 would be 2.18 and cell 3 would be 5.2 then I would heat up my solder leads and make sure all was right and then cell 2 would be 5.3 and cell 3 would be 1.8 my volts for my cells would be all over the map. So I ordered a new battery actually 2. LOL! Thanks for the help!

djvanlandingham said:

I believe it was my battery. I unhooked the balance charging plug and cell 1&3 read 0 but cell 2 was 1.7v with just the pos/neg leads attached. And when I unhooked the battery completely and only use the USB I could navigate some of the other screens that wouldn't come up before ie normal and stealth. Also when I would reheat the balance charger leads my cell 2&3 would swap volts ie cell2 would be 2.18 and cell 3 would be 5.2 then I would heat up my solder leads and make sure all was right and then cell 2 would be 5.3 and cell 3 would be 1.8 my volts for my cells would be all over the map. So I ordered a new battery actually 2. LOL! Thanks for the help!

do not go by the dna board battery readout alone. use a multi meter. borrow one for 5 min if you have to. 

Post back when you get a new battery in it, and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I cant see why your not getting your charge screen up though even if the battery is duff... i would put a ticket in and then you have it allready on standby if the new battery dont fix things..

A seperate ballance charger is allways usefull, not everyone would see one as a wise purchase, but i allways initially charge all my lipo batteries on a little imax b3 while ime compleating a build and then its ready to go.. a basic multi meter and charger shouldnt cost moor than £15 off fleabay. allways.. hard wiring a battery to a board.. should be a last resort.. (eg lack of space) and has to be done methodicaly to avoid short outs, as well as disconecting a hard wiered battery from a board..