Ohms reading off on device.

I've been having this problem for a little while, I didn't at first, and nothing changed in my settings (Which I consider myself pretty familiar with.)

I've only ever used the same build at .10, and now anytime I put it in, the mod wants to read it at .09. The build hasn't changed, the RDA hasn't changed, no settings changed as mentioned before. The band aid is to go in and manually set the ohm resistance to the .10 I know it should be at, and was previously reading it at. I even tried a few different builds when I noticed it, and they were all off by the -.01. The mod resistance is set properly, so I'm not sure where the error is coming from.

I haven't tried a different RDA, though it was working fine with this one for awhile (I settled on the current one I'm using and gave the rest away, I really only keep one I like at a time, and my friends get gifts), though I did clean out the 510 from the top, I'm hoping it's not a connection issue in the mod itself as this is already a replacement mod.

It's not a HUGE issue, as I can lock what I KNOW it should be, but it's kind of a pain and it'd be nice to know that it just worked the way it was supposed to.

It's been happening for awhile and I haven't been TOO bothered by it, but I figured I'd finally come and ask. Any help, as always, is appreciated.

Thanks.

VapingBad said:

Which mod are you talking about?  If it the board is grounded via the mount screws these may need a tweak.

It's an Evolv reference mod. When I first got it the resistances were flying around all over the place and I made a post here asking what was up, I believe it was you that recommended I tighten the 3 screws mounting the board to the box itself, fixing it. That fixed it, and it read fine from that day, until it started reading low about a month ago. When they were all loose (extremely), it was always high. I had the issue where shortly after getting it aswell, my screen fell in and I couldn't get the tape to hold it again no matter what I did, and ended up using some double sided sticky tape to just kind of mount it to the board, then have it held in place once the board was secured into the box, kind of like a press fit. I checked the mod resistance after this, and it had not changed, and it worked fine for several months prior to that, so I doubt that's related.

Very Slight difference in wire size. Eg..You can turn anealed ni200 28guage into 29 just by holding an end with pliers and running your fingers along it to straighten it beffor building. ((Stretched)) Pretty sure the wire guage is measured by the meter lenght, taking a measurment at every 100mm, a bit like we do, its only what?, a thou out. Try a different spool.. if yer mod checks out sound..

• 2 weeks later...
VapingBad said:

I remember now, maybe take the board screws out one at a time can clean them with IPA or rubbing alcohol.

I finally got around to this and the build that would initially read .10, then to .09, was now .08. I built what should have been .13, I know it should be, and the device reads it as .11. I can just set it in eScribe, but whatever is causing it is a pain to locate.

BillW50 said:

What is your mod resistance set at? Ever run the Case Analyzer on it?

The mod resistance is set at 0.004, I got that number by using one of the 99.9% copper plugs sold here on the forums. I've run the case analyzer, but a long time ago. I may need to recheck the values.

audiovicious said:

I finally got around to this and the build that would initially read .10, then to .09, was now .08. I built what should have been .13, I know it should be, and the device reads it as .11. I can just set it in eScribe, but whatever is causing it is a pain to locate.

Is this in temp mode or power mode? I would set the mod resistance back to zero and check it with the copper plug again to see if you still get 0.004?
Edit: don't forget to upload the zero setting

dwcraig1 said:

Is this in temp mode or power mode? I would set the mod resistance back to zero and check it with the copper plug again to see if you still get 0.004?
Edit: don't forget to upload the zero setting

This is in temp mode. I just got done checking it again, and it still shows 0.004 when screwed in all the way without cranking down on it, it shows 0.005 right before that, so I tried that and the 0.13 coil read 0.10 instead of 0.11. I've cleaned all of the contacts/screws aside from the internal 510, but it looked plenty clean and I wasn't too sure on how to properly clean it so I left it alone.

It works, it fires, it just feels a little off.