Replacement Fuses

The DNA200 uses a 25A onboard fuse that can be found near the Battery + input. It is a small, green, rectangle shaped component that should appear physically blown when tripped.

Replacement Fuses can be found here:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=3413.0332.22virtualkey69300000virtualkey693-3413.0332.22

In case you need to find and order them somewhere else:

Manufacturer: Schurter

Manufacturer Part #: 3413.0332.22

Specs: 25A 63v Max DC Surface Mount Fuse 

• 8 months later...

I never replaced a DNA200 fuse yet, but I mostly use a desoldering pump (aka solder sucker) to remove solder and the component (you need to clean inside of them a lot). Never cared much for soldering wick which wicks solder up into the braid of flat wire. I'll use it if I have too. But my favorite for removing solder is a vacuum desoldering station. Oh I wouldn't buy one of those cheap soldering irons with a rubber ball that is suppose to vacuum up solder. Those just gets you frustrated more than anything else.

BillW50 said:

I never replaced a DNA200 fuse yet, but I mostly use a desoldering pump (aka solder sucker) to remove solder and the component (you need to clean inside of them a lot). Never cared much for soldering wick which wicks solder up into the braid of flat wire. I'll use it if I have too. But my favorite for removing solder is a vacuum desoldering station. Oh I wouldn't buy one of those cheap soldering irons with a rubber ball that is suppose to vacuum up solder. Those just gets you frustrated more than anything else.

lol those ones with the turkey baster on top of the soldering pencil. garbage. you gotta have the spring loaded sucker, they work the best for me at least. desoldering braid works well for me too but i'm not fond of the constant heat you have to apply to the part to get the braid to work.

• 11 months later...