DNA 75 software

I am having issues with any software after 08/2015.  There has to be something as the 08/2015 software operates perfectly  I really need help with this issue as I bootload all mods from this computer and now I have dna75 boards in and have no way to program them Below is the log that I get with the error  I was running the latest dna 200 software for weeks then it quit and only the older versions work now. I was using windows 8.1 and even upgraded to windows 10 and have the same issues with both

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: text
   at Q.ev.F[y](cL , y , String )
   at t.DQ..ctor(String , Object )
   at t.VO.r(BD )
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at t.VO.u()
   at t.QH.c()
   at t.QH.rN()
   at System.Action.Invoke()
   at t.mC.kQ()
   at t.QU.GB(TabPage )
   at t.QU.CQ()
   at t.QU.Pf(ak )
   at DimensionEngineering.PluginApi.HistoryHelper.FoH`1.n(Object , Fow )
   at DimensionEngineering.PluginApi.HistoryHelper.FoD`2.ny()
   at H.vN.RecordAction(Action , Action )
   at DimensionEngineering.PluginApi.HistoryHelper.RecordSet[S,T](IHistoryManager self, S target, T newValue, Func`2 getter, Action`2 setter)
   at DimensionEngineering.PluginApi.HistoryHelper.RecordSet[T](IHistoryManager self, T newValue, Func`1 getter, Action`1 setter)
   at t.QU.mm(ak , Boolean )
   at t.QU.Ca(DeviceCode , Yg , UU , Boolean , Boolean& , Object , Nullable`1 )
   at t.QU.CY(Boolean , Boolean , Nullable`1 , Object , Boolean )
   at t.QU.jv()
   at t.QU.jB(Boolean )
   at t.QG.le.f()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DEScribe
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/EScribe.exe
DimensionEngineering.Common.Windows
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/DimensionEngineering.Common.Windows.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
DimensionEngineering.Common
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/DimensionEngineering.Common.DLL
DimensionEngineering
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/DimensionEngineering.DLL
DEScribe.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/DEScribe.Core.DLL
DEScribe.Branding
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/DEScribe.Branding.DLL
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DimensionEngineering.PluginApi
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/DimensionEngineering.PluginApi.DLL
IllusoryStudios.OpenSsl
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/IllusoryStudios.OpenSsl.DLL
DEScribe.PluginApi
    Assembly Version: 1.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/DEScribe.PluginApi.DLL
System.Security
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1073.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
SecondLanguage
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3.1
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/SecondLanguage.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
CookComputing.XmlRpcV2
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.0.270
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.DLL
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
NBit
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/NBit.DLL
IllusoryStudios.Math
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/IllusoryStudios.Math.DLL
EquationParser
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/EquationParser.DLL
HidSharp
    Assembly Version: 1.10.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.10.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/HidSharp.DLL
SaberUpload
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Ronnie/AppData/Roaming/Evolv/EScribe/SaberUpload.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

From another, potentially related, post:

mikepetro said:

There was only 1 version that included a FW update for the DNA200, that was version 1.0.49 (dated 4/25/16) and it accidentally got leaked here (then pulled). It was intended for "beta testers" only.

There is NOT any "release version" of new DNA200 FW at the time of this posting.

If you ever installed 1.0.49 (dated 4/25/16) then the FW will still be in your folder, even though you have upgraded to 1.0.56 or whatever.
The newer versions dont include DNA200 FW, but they dont delete the old ones either.

If you run this 1.0.49 FW (dated 4/25/16) and your DNA200 dies, dont say you weren't warned!!!!

If you are running it, I would recommend rolling back to a previous version!

The latest version of EScribe that works with BOTH the DNA200 and the DNA75 is
[image]

However, make sure you are not running the DNA200 2016-04-25 firmware (which was beta FW). If you are then please roll back to the 2016-02-23 firmware.

The most recent "released" version of DNA200 FW you that you should run is 2016-02-23

MADMODDER said:

I am using 05/02/2016 DNA 75 software. It opens but you can do nothing in it. I know how to opperate it as I have it installed on my laptop and it works correctly

I dont know the date of that latest Escribe, all I know is the version is 1.0.56

Given all the .NET Framework references in that error, do you maybe have a version of Microsoft .NET Framework installed on the laptop that is not on the desktop? Seems like it could be a missing dependency issue.

• 1 month later...

For my DNA200, I'm running "2016-02-29 EScribe 1.0.42". This was the last test version, running well. With my SMY DNA75 coming, I wanted to install the latest version of ESCRIBE, that works with both the 200's, and 75's. "MikePetro" says: "However, make sure you are not running the DNA200 2016-04-25 firmware (which was beta FW). If you are then please roll back to the 2016-02-23 firmware. The most recent "released" version of DNA200 FW you that you should run is 2016-02-23". Wondering if I can install the latest Escribe DNA75 version "1.0.56", OVER my current "1.0.42" version, and NOT lose my previous settings, or is it absolutely necessary to roll back further to the older "2016-02-23"? Or am I confusing Escribe versions and firmware versions? Confused!

mactavish said:

So I would NOT be able to just simply install over my current 1.0.42 version, that sucks. Didn't really want to roll back, before installing the DNA75/200 version. I may try it anyway. Thanks.

No just install the 75 version over the top, it works for both, it is just a fresh install you would need to start with the 200 release and update with the 75.

VapingBad said:

No just install the 75 version over the top, it works for both, it is just a fresh install you would need to start with the 200 release and update with the 75.

Ok so do I install the links you have highlighted in your signature= DNA200/ DNA75 ? and I'm set? I am starting from scratch with no software on computer and have a dna200 also a 75

Yes that would be fine. Although you won't have the firmware 2/23/2016 for the DNA200 device, but it might already be up to date. Won't know until you connect it to EScribe and open the Device Monitor and look at the bottom as to what version is installed.

CORRECTION: 02-27-2016 (1.0.42)

BillW50 said:

Yes that would be fine. Although you won't have the firmware 2/23/2016 for the DNA200 device, but it might already be up to date. Won't know until you connect it to EScribe and open the Device Monitor and look at the bottom as to what version is installed.

Ok yep was outa the loop for awhile, I suppose it will auto update .... Thank you

BillW50 said:

So should I install recommended 1.0.35.2 or 1.0.42 ? I get lost, it's all easy enough once installed