RIP my chip Dna200

webe24

At least yours let out the magic smoke!
My Tuglyfe just shut off, quit with no noise, nothing.
Plug in USB, it lights up, can see with Escribe, etc.
Battery is 98% charged too.  Dies immediately when unplugged.
Checked the fuse and it's not that.
Sudden death syndrome LOL.

I picked up a Wisnec which looks like the OP's mod.  Hope it doesn't do that!

In the meantime, got my trusty Rig V2 Roughneck and a box of LG HG2s keeping things rolling...

The second shot in the op, you can see some kind of spillage running out the two airholes,,, back to basics, if you leave a mod liying on its side or rattling around in the bottom of a bag, the tank atomiser will leak its contents, also, allways switch the mod off, standard five clicks, lipo batteries can be volatile if not looked after properly. dont stuff the mod into storage where somthing can press the buttons.

i'm not saying that isn't juice in two of the three vent holes in OP's pic, but if you have ever noticed what is left behind after a component self destructs such as a mosfet or a hefty diode, it pretty much looks like that. black shiny enamel crust. i have seen many a circuit board that resembled OP's relo's innards. just my two cents, shillings, and pence. either way it sux. 

webe24 said:

I 've sent an email but no reply

I had a board fail opened a clame ticket had new board no problems mailed to me best service I have ever experienced. Opus DNA 200 from failure to up and working in under a week . That was three months ago .I really like my Opus DNA 200 and my friend like his

20160403_125009.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
triakis said:

At least yours let out the magic smoke!
My Tuglyfe just shut off, quit with no noise, nothing.
Plug in USB, it lights up, can see with Escribe, etc.
Battery is 98% charged too.  Dies immediately when unplugged.
Checked the fuse and it's not that.
Sudden death syndrome LOL.

I picked up a Wisnec which looks like the OP's mod.  Hope it doesn't do that!

In the meantime, got my trusty Rig V2 Roughneck and a box of LG HG2s keeping things rolling...

Mine to, I just replace the fuse and it works again

Hello.
2016.05.04 my "DNA200" died. In the morning when pressing "fire" button - on the screen "LOGO" for one second. After has gone off the screen, but " mod" work (FIRE) full power. I don't pushing "fire" button but "DNA200" continued to work (FIRE) without stopping. Stop work only when unmount batteries. My "atom" (atomyzer) burned completely (it was hot and has a bad smell), mouth burns, it hurts.
I experience great stress.
I understand - EVERYTHING HAPPENS, but bomb in the hands - it's too much.
Now DNA200 - screen educate inscription "Warranty Service" error message (don't work, died).
I make recovery - don't help.
DNA200 I buy 2015.08.26 and she 2016.05.04 died.
I write ticket EVOLV, but don't have answer.
I'm angry, incredible.
REGARDS