Stainless Steel 316L Claptons power loss in all tanks in temp mode, vw/ww mode worka fine?

JamesVally

So I have these SS clapton coils from advanced vape supply run duals that ohm out around .34-.35 ohm in griffen 22mm, griffen 25mm, and Boreas- with both decks. It's set on temp control 420F at 50w, 75w preheat, Hard 7.1 on slider at .25 secs. For each tank setup profile. When I first screw the tanks in and it asks me if its a new coil setup I hit +. An vapes likes its supposed to. But if I set it down for a bit it have noticeable power loss because I can tell the warm and vape production is off. i run in vw/ww mode its fine. I knownits not a connection problem in all three tanks. I took them all apart cleaned the contacts, 510 connector and made sure 510 screw was firm in place. The mode is a Lost Vape Efusion DNA 200 running latest firmware. With .csv file for 316L Elite and the .csv file i made on steam engine form 316L claptons I got from Advanced Vape Supply.

Nope the resistance stays the same .33ohms and I locked it also.  Even when I don't the resistance doesn't change? I can't figure it out.  It was also doing this with normal ni200 dual coils.  I made sure all grub screws where tight. The wicking is perfect.  I'm confused. 

I had this with stainless, i never put it in vv/vw to get it back on trak though, i increased the temp by sometimes upto 100 degrees, then stopped using it, too much headach. Never had it with Ni200, think your csv's have to be absolutly critical and coil fitted to file, one leg longer than the other and hot spots, too much hassle..

It also has been doing it with straight ni200 coils. All these are RTA's. But if I use kanthal base and ni200 I don't have a problem. I checked for shorts loose conections all grub screws are good. Im at a loss right now. Maybe the board is going south. I reached out to Lost Vape they basically didn't want to help since they're focusnon the triad an halcyon dna squonker....

The ohms should stay the same on the screen. That is because that is cold ohms and that should stay the same. In EScribe though, the Atomizer Analyzer will show live ohms (only updates when not firing). And you can see live ohms (while firing only) in the Device Monitor.

BillW50 said:

What does the graph look like with power, temperature, and live ohms selected? It should look something like this:

2016-05-29_115347.png 

what wire did you use for this Graff? thanks

JamesVally said:

Well i promise a SS curve won't look smooth like that on the top. Like ni200.

what James said although I got to play with a DNA 75 I could not believe the difference with SS got me all messed up works great every time I mention the word DNA 75 my wife says but you promised I just ordered two DNA 200 boards two Opus DNA 200 mods I promised her I wouldn't buy anything else don't get me wrong I love my opus DNA 200 titanium build

Don't get me wrong although its spikes around on the graph SS is the best vape for me on my dna 200 warm and super dense with my 25mm griffens and Boreas tanks. Though i like kanthal/ni80 aliens, and fused claptons, or fused stapled claptons. At least with rda's like the velocity or the petri

Yea the graphs with ni200 and ti builds have a pretty up tiramp to set temp and then flatlines perfectly at set temp. Where SS builds have a smooth up ramp pending on your preheat settings and how hard etc. then bounce around set temp range by about 10-30*. Its just one of the things with temp but whats weird is you don't feel those while vaping tank/rda. I still love ss316l-430.

JamesVally said:

Yea the graphs with ni200 and ti builds have a pretty up tiramp to set temp and then flatlines perfectly at set temp. Where SS builds have a smooth up ramp pending on your preheat settings and how hard etc. then bounce around set temp range by about 10-30*. Its just one of the things with temp but whats weird is you don't feel those while vaping tank/rda. I still love ss316l-430.

I hear you I am running at this time TI .1 build bellow v3 450 Degeneres F normal 480 but kicked back relaxing with pre heat still set at 100 watts I can run my temp up or down 100 degrees just for giggles I just dropped it to 380 reminded me of Nautilus mini Vape drops to 1.5 volts quick true temperature control who knows might go back to mouth to lung using bellow v3 not to day add edit had to check for my self is that not close or what

Screenshot_2016-07-07-00-08-04-1.png