Wismec Releaux DNA200 - resume from standby only by USB plugged in OR battery replacing

chris111111

Hello,

I have a problem with my DNA 200 Box from Wismec.
The box is working perfekt until it enters the Standby / Sleep mode after 20 minutes idle time.

Normaly the box starts up, by pressing the fire button.
But my mod doesn´t start up.

I have to plug in USB Power to start it.

-OR-

If i pull back one of the batteries to loose contact, press and hold fire and release the battery back in contact, the mod starts up and i can use it until it enters standy/sleep mode again.

I don´t think there is a firmware problem. Newest Firmware is flashed and manufacturer settings are loaded.

Has someone resolved this problem without sending the board to Evolv ?

I got the mod from FB Fleamarket, i havo so receipt to send it to Wismec / Joyetech :-(

Greetings,

Chris

I think, its a RMA issue, too.

But ill research on it. Perhaps Liquid intruded the housing and shorts some electronics on the board.
Not a full short, rather a high ohm short near the fire button. So theres always a higher signal level on the fire button which confuses the Atmel processor.

I´ll dissamble the mod and clean the board with isopropanol.

Will report back if theres a solution.

• 3 months later...

I know this was posted a while back but wanted to chime in because I just had the same issue. I use a Vapor Shark DNA 200 and reciently started using a Velocity RDA. I've noticed on several occasions that it was wet under the Velocity from over dripping I guess. I made it a point to regularly take the RDA off and check for and clean off any juice. Today I vaped it and put it away on a full charge. Came back to it later and it would not power up. The blue LED on the fire button would light but it wouldn't come out of sleep mode and the screen wouldn't light.

I just updated to the newest firmware a couple weeks ago becuase it quit working, so it has the most current FW. Today when it quit just for curiosity I plugged in my charger and it powered up and would work fine but if I didn't continue to use it and let it sit for a min or so it would not power up.

I took it apart and hosed down the board with alcohol and blew it off with compressed air, hooked the battery back up and nothing had changed. I use a squeeze bottly with my alcohol I I gave the fire button a good second squirt and blew it out and now it works perfect. Guess my issue was juice in the fire button. Hope this helps others with this issue.

Cheers,

Spanky

Spanky916 said:

I know this was posted a while back but wanted to chime in because I just had the same issue. I use a Vapor Shark DNA 200 and reciently started using a Velocity RDA. I've noticed on several occasions that it was wet under the Velocity from over dripping I guess. I made it a point to regularly take the RDA off and check for and clean off any juice. Today I vaped it and put it away on a full charge. Came back to it later and it would not power up. The blue LED on the fire button would light but it wouldn't come out of sleep mode and the screen wouldn't light.

I just updated to the newest firmware a couple weeks ago becuase it quit working, so it has the most current FW. Today when it quit just for curiosity I plugged in my charger and it powered up and would work fine but if I didn't continue to use it and let it sit for a min or so it would not power up.

I took it apart and hosed down the board with alcohol and blew it off with compressed air, hooked the battery back up and nothing had changed. I use a squeeze bottly with my alcohol I I gave the fire button a good second squirt and blew it out and now it works perfect. Guess my issue was juice in the fire button. Hope this helps others with this issue.

Cheers,

Spanky

please post back if the board fails again and is only woken up by inserting a usb cable. i'm curious as to how long your alcohol cleaned board will work. hopefully for a long time, right?

• 10 months later...

Sadly this only worked for a week or two and I sent it back for repair, paid the lower fee for diagnostic/repair and to replace the battery. They said apparently mine was an older version of board and there had been a change. They credited back the fee for diagnostic and repair and also for the new battery. When it arrived I had a brand new mod!!! Haven't had an issue since.