DNA75 EScibe Settings

Hello all,
I just picked up a HCigar VT75.  I have always had the mfg. defaults for my other DNA200 devices.  If I do not own a super awesome discharge unit to run the Analyzer is there any other way to reliably setup my batteries within the software?

I will be running 26650's exclusively (once they are delivered).  Until then I am running LG HE2's and 25r's.  

Thank you in advance for any help,

Yes, the curve is for a typical cylindrical high drain battery, but if you are using just one type of battery running the analyser may make it a little more accurate.  The battery gauge is not as advanced as the 200 one, it basically converts voltage to percentage using the curve.

Hi there! My question is about DNA75 EScribe settings, too, although a bit different from the original post. I can't find any information on how to adjust the LED lights. I know how to set one or more colours but how do I get a gradual transformation, from black to red to yellow to orange then black again, for example?? And I was wondering what the small box below the cross to delete one colour means?? The one that turns yellow when clicked. A little documentation, a manual, any mouse-over info would have helped, guys... Cheers!

Naseschwarz said:

Hi there! My question is about DNA75 EScribe settings, too, although a bit different from the original post. I can't find any information on how to adjust the LED lights. I know how to set one or more colours but how do I get a gradual transformation, from black to red to yellow to orange then black again, for example?? And I was wondering what the small box below the cross to delete one colour means?? The one that turns yellow when clicked. A little documentation, a manual, any mouse-over info would have helped, guys... Cheers!

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65735-topic/?do=findComment&comment=890098

heady4614 said:

I have tried to use the factory settings for any of my batteries and I keep getting the low battery warning at 70% this is with my 26650's and my 18650's alike.

Please post a screen shot of Device Manager after you take a hit that gives the weak bat message.

In many cases it because of voltage drop. There is so much voltage drop during the preheat that it triggers the message, but once preheat is over you most often find you had enough voltage to satisfy your temperature requirement for the hit.

In other words, it may not be worth worrying about. Device Manager will tell us

heady4614 said:

it is not in temp control mode so there should be no preheat.  I have this one in watts. 

either way preheat, no preheat, tc or non tc, watts are watts. looks like at 55 watts you got some bad battery sag. what mod is this? what type of battery is this? 26650's are perform very poorly for vaping purposes. especially in the 50 watt and up range. if you're not familiar with battery mooch, i would look at his chart for vaping approved 26650 and 18650 batts. battery tabs/connections also play a role on how well a battery will perform when demands from it are high. make sure you have some good quality batteries to supply power to your dna 75. i'll post a link to suggested batteries.[IMG]

I didn't know something like this even existed, I can easily see a new vaper getting one of these to blow some clouds.
I would avoid this battery like as if it were the plague. In a regulated mod it wouldn't be all that dangerous but in a mechanical it has the makings of an accident looking for a place to happen.
[image]

[image] 

dwcraig1 said:

I didn't know something like this even existed, I can easily see a new vaper getting one of these to blow some clouds.
I would avoid this battery like as if it were the plague. In a regulated mod it wouldn't be all that dangerous but in a mechanical it has the makings of an accident looking for a place to happen.

Phil Busardo showed how Aspire lithium batteries are made. They bake their batteries in an oven for two months weeding out the dangerous ones.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOaE4K_ByiA[/video]

dwcraig1 said:

I for sure rushed to judgement on my earlier post, been digging online some. It seems to be one of the more powerful 18650's going. But there's controversy as to whether it's an ICR or a hybrid. I shall dig some more. 

IIRC they say they are using exactly the same chemistries as they do for their LiPos in the video, but it is very short on detail in that respect.  It may just be terminology and by LiPo they just mean batteries not in a metal tube, who knows.

heady4614 said:

I am using the VT75  using the LG HE2 batteries and Samsung 25R's.  the batteries are new so thats not the issue either.

i'm wondering with the new vt75 and dx75, if there is anodizing on the battery thread caps. that could cause a premature 'weak battery' message. i also have no idea what gauge battery wire they are using in these mods nor how or if they are achieving a solid ground connection from battery to board. 

if it's any consolation, i hear evolv is working on a dna 75 firmware update to make the 'weak battery' message less eager to appear on the screen. 

ChunkyButt200 said:

i'm wondering with the new vt75 and dx75, if there is anodizing on the battery thread caps. that could cause a premature 'weak battery' message. i also have no idea what gauge battery wire they are using in these mods nor how or if they are achieving a solid ground connection from battery to board. 

if it's any consolation, i hear evolv is working on a dna 75 firmware update to make the 'weak battery' message less eager to appear on the screen. 

that would be nice.  Hipe it comes soon because getting this message at 70% sucks and not being able to vape at 50% makes this a waste of money.  IMO