Max temperature of the 75 board and lipos resting against it

Willy

I'm looking to stack lipo cell's in parallel in a mod for a 75 build, the cells would be laying on their side (not the edge) against the back of the board. Will I be subjecting the lipo to safe temperatures? I vape less then half of what the board is capable but still wonder what the max temp is fron these 75's. From what I've been able to find, recommended max exposure temps for lipo's range  from 120-140F (not sure that is accurate) and I read on the 200 forum they run up to 150F max, I'm think the 75's run cooler?

Thanks in advance! 

VapingBad said:

I wouldn't personally have them touching the back of the board as the 75 runs hotter than the 200, I doubt there is any danger, just that it could age the cell that is touching prematurely.

The 75 runs hotter? Well there goes my plans.... I'll have to rethink this build. Thanks VB! 

Willy said:

The 75 runs hotter? Well there goes my plans.... I'll have to rethink this build. Thanks VB! 

Well it gets hotter quicker than the 200, so the average temp would likely be higher, it will have a board temp sensor to protect against going over max temp so the max is probably the same, as you say 150 F IIRC

BillW50 said:

In Phil Busardo's DNA200 videos, he was told the board temperature cutoff was 212ºF (100ºC). And he tried to torcher test it and he could never get the board high enough to pop up the too hot error message.

bill check out my post over......here

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/evolv-dna-75.733672/page-23

BillW50 said:

In Phil Busardo's DNA200 videos, he was told the board temperature cutoff was 212ºF (100ºC). And he tried to torcher test it and he could never get the board high enough to pop up the too hot error message.

bill check out my post over......here. i can consistently get the 'too hot' error running her at 75w's.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/evolv-dna-75.733672/page-23