weak vape and aggressive temp protect issue

jesseseetai

Chunky, I clean both the atomizer base and the 510 on the mod with IPA at every atomizer change, even though I have zero leaking problems with any of my builds.  The TCR is the exact same one for each use, successful use followed by non-successful use, and the exact same TCR that works fine in other mods, DNA200s.  Something strange is going on and I have yet to identify it or get feedback from forums or Evolv that can identify it.  Multiple boards, added grounds and even did the "eggplant" dance with no changes in behavior.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here ;o(

It seems the Evolve chip isnt reading right.

The same issue i know from Joyetech chips.

It reads everytime to low, for some reason.

If you adjust you ohm readings higher it vapes like a dream.

The problem on all this is, that i am comparing a highend chip to a dirty cheap chip and both seem to have the same issues.

I found a work around.  All I did was raise the temperature until things worked properly.  The DNA75 is set to 530F while a DNA200 with the same build is running fine at 480F.  It may just be a question of tolerances in components.  Beats me but it does work.  The 50F difference does bother me though.

Yes, and when swapping the behavior of the 75 and 200 is the same with the 75 needing a higher temperature.  I've changed boards, added grounds and done the "naked eggplant on my head" dance with no results.  Simply raising the temperature on the 75 did the trick though.