Hcigar VT75 .ecig file

injen

The 0.006 is just the default for the box you type a TCR in (close to Ni), DNAs don't use a single value TCR they use the non-linear profile you see as a line on the materials tab.  If it were the default these lines would all look like this, notice how it only has data point or black vertical line.
tcr0006.png 

You are not going to get the same vape form different tanks or drippers with different builds just because the coils are running at the same temp.  EG I find with Aromanizer RDTA using very high horizontal coils I like it about 400 F, but with Serpent Mini I have to turn the temp right up to 460+ to get much flavour and then vape is too hot.  This is mainly airflow and coil placement, but coil geometry plays a part to you have to have enough surface area to be able to spread that heat. Long legs can also get hot affecting the temp reading without producing vapour. Also wicking, but I doubt you have that wrong we all know about wicking.  It can be frustrating sometimes, but increasing the temp limit within reason while you figure it out in no big deal IMO.

The board ensures the coils do not exceed and average temp.

JohnnyBigodes said:

The problem is, that if i raise my temp, that the coil will burn the cotton if firing dry.

If this is the case, why the hell do i need TC. I also could vape on normal Power mode.

That is the reason why this is irritating the hell out of me.

+1 by me , well sell said mate

I doubt you will ever burn your cotton as the vapour starts to drop of so noticeable when the wick starts to dry.  I can't tell at a distance what is causing your issues, but build or wire with the wrong TCR are the most likely in general.  I know saying it works for me and most other people doesn't help and probably annoys you, but the boards work extremely well but they can only control the max average coil temp.  You may find it easier to sort out if you use a single coil Ni200 build as that wire has the highest TCR and ther are fewer variables to deal with.

Look at the watts your build settles at in device manager, if they are a lot lower that you would use for kanthal you could need more coil contact area or airflow, but some atties just vape differently.  It could also be dual coils that are not well balanced, long legs or poor wicking.

Good luck

Yes, there are just too many variables, to take care of.

It doesnt annoy me, when other say it works for them.

Most of the time i just to compare both settings to try to find the variable that isnt the same.

After all that it come to the way everybody vapes. I like it when it is warm, others like cold vape.

There are just to many things to take care of.

Thank you for your help ;oD

I have used quit a few, the main difference is how clean they come.  Ni200 is a purity spec/grade for "Commercially Pure Nickel" that is 99.6% pure Ni so they should all be good if they are of that spec. http://continentalsteel.com/nickel-alloys/grades/ni-200-commercially-pure/

I get leeching from SS. There is something really bad in SS. I dried burned one and I got this horrible smell coming from it. I ran it under water and thought maybe it will be ok. Wicked it, juiced it, and vaped. That horrible smell, well it tasted exactly like it smelled. I tried all of my SS attys I was using at the time and yes, that taste was just barely detectable, but it was definitively there. Now I won't vape with the stuff. Plus SS is just horrible to use as TC wire. As the TCR value is way too low for good temperature sensing. Too bad I am retired. As I would run an energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy on it to find out what that smell/taste was.

injen said:

I used ud - stealth vape and gearspek , all of them have different resistance per meter, how you explain that ?

Most likely would be different thickness, even the tension which the wire was formed under could make a difference, but it's the TCR that is important to temp limiting.  Also the remain 0.04% of metals in the alloy may affect that.

VapingBad said:

Most likely would be different thickness, even the tension which the wire was formed under could make a difference, but it's the TCR that is important to temp limiting.  Also the remain 0.04% of metals in the alloy may affect that.

All of them were 26ga , so you say that no matter the resistance all of them will work the same in temperature control?

injen said:

All of them were 26ga , so you say that no matter the resistance all of them will work the same in temperature control?

They should do, I just meant slightly different thickness.  You can check with a single coil builds in an spare dripper and do a cotton scorch test, just make sure you do a consistent fire time like 10 secs.

Just for a refference with the ni200 from gearspek which has the higher resistance per meter the temperature control works ok , with all other wires the vape is weak, it would be great if we can have an official post with what wire is the board calibrated by default

injen said:

Just for a refference with the ni200 from gearspek which has the higher resistance per meter the temperature control works ok , with all other wires the vape is weak, it would be great if we can have an official post with what wire is the board calibrated by default

I use Lightning Vapes Ni200 28AWG Tempered and K.Bee Vapor Ni200 28AWG Non-Tempered and they both work great.