Failed Ohm Read

wildan.abp

Hello from Indonesia, 

I just bought Triade DNA 200. I noticed that I have some trouble for ohm reading, it always below 0.01-0.02 than they should be. I always setup my resistance using escribe, I have tried to dry burn my wire first with watt mode and then locked it, hope the resistance getting higher but it doesn't work. Anyone got the same problem?

Thankyou

wildan.abp said:

should be 0.281-0.283

What are you basing that off of, or where did you get that baseline resistance you want it to read from?

There can be pretty large wiring and 510 resistance variances across devices, or something like an ohm reader. All of our boards are dialed in and calibrated using professional quality equipment so I would guess that our resistance readings are correct. We have seen time and time again where our boards are more accurate resistance reading wise than anything else, and every atomizer reads lower than anything else someone owns.

The Lost Vape mods in particular have an extremely high spring force, and are very well made from a resistance stability and accuracy standpoint. 

Also, if you want to completely take a new resistance reading I would suggest removing the mod resistance, uploading settings, removing your atomizer, and performing a Hard Reboot of the device via EScribe. After the atomizer is room temperature re-attach it and see if it reads differently.

Nick said:

What are you basing that off of, or where did you get that baseline resistance you want it to read from?

There can be pretty large wiring and 510 resistance variances across devices, or something like an ohm reader. All of our boards are dialed in and calibrated using professional quality equipment so I would guess that our resistance readings are correct. We have seen time and time again where our boards are more accurate resistance reading wise than anything else, and every atomizer reads lower than anything else someone owns.

The Lost Vape mods in particular have an extremely high spring force, and are very well made from a resistance stability and accuracy standpoint. 

Also, if you want to completely take a new resistance reading I would suggest removing the mod resistance, uploading settings, removing your atomizer, and performing a Hard Reboot of the device via EScribe. After the atomizer is room temperature re-attach it and see if it reads differently.

because there is no clouds in 0.276 even in 420F, and also I checked with my multimeter. Ok, I'll try your suggestion. by the way lower mod resistance means higher atomizer resistance read?

wildan.abp said:

because there is no clouds in 0.276 even in 420F, and also I checked with my multimeter. Ok, I'll try your suggestion. by the way lower mod resistance means higher atomizer resistance read?

yes you need to be careful when entering mod res. and always hard reboot after. it should be in the range of 
0.003-0.006  my triade is 0.004 

also 420F is about 80 degrees too cool for ss316 and with steam engine and even the manual tcr value of 0.0092 you have to set temp at about 520 before you start getting decent puff. 

if you go here https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66739-topic/?do=findComment&comment=900189  I posted two 316 csv's that are good in the 480-520 range 

Nick said:

It's show  Capture_3.png Resistance read still the same

Jentz9517 said:

yes you need to be careful when entering mod res. and always hard reboot after. it should be in the range of 
0.003-0.006  my triade is 0.004 

also 420F is about 80 degrees too cool for ss316 and with steam engine and even the manual tcr value of 0.0092 you have to set temp at about 520 before you start getting decent puff. 

if you go here https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66739-topic/?do=findComment&comment=900189  I posted two 316 csv's that are good in the 480-520 range 

I have set it to 0.004, is that my hard reboot working?
Capture_3.png 

I would say it has been reading res correctly all the time, it will be more accurate than a multi metre.  To get more vapour at 420 F you probably need more coil contact area, airflow and or wicking, could also be long coil legs, atty design or wire with a non standard TCR, you are probably used to vaping at 520+ F. 

You could try a cotton scorch test to confirm the tempreture, make a single coil, put dry cotton in and fire it at 400 F for 10 secs, move the wick along add 20 F and repeat until you get to 500 F.  The 1st should not mark the cotton, the 3 3rd you should see very light brown and it should get slightly darker each time.

This is the only pic I have to hand, ignore the lower one the SX M result it is way way too hot, the top one shows the sort of colour, but it started at 300 F not 400 like I suggest you try.
cotton_test_3.jpg 

VapingBad said:

I would say it has been reading res correctly all the time, it will be more accurate than a multi metre.  To get more vapour at 420 F you probably need more coil contact area, airflow and or wicking, could also be long coil legs, atty design or wire with a non standard TCR, you are probably used to vaping at 520+ F. 

You could try a cotton scorch test to confirm the tempreture, make a single coil, put dry cotton in and fire it at 400 F for 10 secs, move the wick along add 20 F and repeat until you get to 500 F.  The 1st should not mark the cotton, the 3 3rd you should see very light brown and it should get slightly darker each time.

This is the only pic I have to hand, ignore the lower one the SX M result it is way way too hot, the top one shows the sort of colour, but it started at 300 F not 400 like I suggest you try.
cotton_test_3.jpg 

Yes maybe that's the problem, my friend from oil and gas company give this 316, cloud comes from 430-480F. and when I override the resistance til 0.005 it always break the cotton. I'll go to vape shop and buy some 316. hope it will solve the problem. thanks a lot dude.