Settings to match DNA 40 performance as a profile.

iCGM

Hey guys, I've been an avid DNA 40 user now for almost a year. Just recently got a Vaporshark 200. I have a dilemma that I'm trying to figure out. I'm trying to set a custom profile for my Lemo settings that vape fantastic on my DNA 40s, but I'm actually getting worse performance in my DNA 200 with this tank. I have a profile set to try and match how the DNA 40 runs, but the DNA 40 is currently outperforming the 200 with this tank so hoping someone can help. On my DNA 40s, I vape the Lemo at 33W 530F. Get a beautiful satisfying vape. I set profile 1 as my Lemo profile, preheat at 40W, temp at 530, punch at 2. And I hit temp and taste a little dryness much earlier in the puff than the DNA 40. Any recommendation for how I could mimic the DNA 40 consistent performance? Everything else like my drippers I've customized and work fantastic. Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

Yup, reading same resistance. If I turn the temp down, I hit temp limiting at its limiting me around 22-24W. If I let the atty cool, then put it on my Flask, same settings, I vape it at 33W 530F, when puffing I rarely hit temp. Usually hovers around 500-510 so the vape is just amazing full on flavour with no hints on dryness at all. For the 200 there must be something I'm missing for it to be limiting me like that, because when it's temp limiting me, I can actually taste the difference, like the cotton is drying much quicker. Hope this all makes sense. I consider myself pretty well versed with nickel as that is all I build with. So having such a change in performance, I'm kinda sitting here scratching my head. So it's time to ask the experts :)

So I modified a bit and performance is much better / almost identical to DNA 40. Set the preheat to 15W punch 1, dropped the wattage to 30W, and now I'm not hitting temp and getting a phenomenal vape like a usually get from my DNA 40. Its not perfect, but I'm understanding the 200 a little better now thanks to some people on the DNA-TP Facebook group.

Interesting 3 W is not that much and goes to show that the wattage control is still important although  many believe it is not, I would vape with both these settings connected to device monitor to try and understand what the difference is.

This is not related exactly, but on the 40 if you turn temp limiting off you get a cooler vape because the pre heat didn't cut in.

• 10 months later...

Interesting.  I have the rDNA40, VF V3, VT40, Lavabox DNA200, VT133, VT75 and SDNA75 and my DNA40 are always better in temp control, of course only in Ni200.  Using the same build, if I vape at 480F on my DNA40 mod, I have to raise to 510F on my other DNA mods to have an ALMOST comparable vape.

iCGM said:

So I modified a bit and performance is much better / almost identical to DNA 40. Set the preheat to 15W punch 1, dropped the wattage to 30W, and now I'm not hitting temp and getting a phenomenal vape like a usually get from my DNA 40. Its not perfect, but I'm understanding the 200 a little better now thanks to some people on the DNA-TP Facebook group.

I think you are headed in the right direction in making the DNA40/DNA200's have similar experiences.  IIRC a modder I know came up (a long time ago) with "basic deviation formula" to achieve what you are wanting. If I recall correctly it had to do with pre-heat, punch, duration, and temp setting variations.  I can't remember what it was now so I've e-mailed the modder to ask for the info.  Should I get a reply I'll post it here...

retird said:

For a DNA40 type vape on a DNA200:
Set Preheat at 45W
Set Punch at 5
thanx for that formular above ,, i also use a lemo v2, i had it before i built a 200,, on both dna200 & 40 i am using Nife30 for my coil, its a single coil deck and am wraping about seven and a half turns round a three and a half mill mandrel & clamping the lead legs under the screw heads not bent about and stuck through the holes, 0.18 ohms, also the screws have been upgraded to alen bolts 1.6 mm 35 pitch 3mm long, Ive also ground the juice channels out to twice the size, so i have a good juice flow to a large volume of wick, both dna200 and 40 mods i set the temp and wattage and tune it in to a good vape, ive never thought to compare the settings because i build atty to mod or atty married to that mod, so for me theres no point, and it would do my head in. On the dna 40 i just set the temp quite high like 480 and wattage low like 18/22 and its a steady 4 or 5 second ramp up vape on half air flow with a 80 vg custard. Never hitting the temp limit.. my 200 is set at 75 watt preheat and a 8 punch, temp again at 480 , 22 watts and the airflow at a quarter open, so i'm probly pulling a little moor juice over the coil to cool it.... now i'm doing my head in, because thats almost twice the above formular, it hasnt got to be an exact science to achieve a decent vape i think.. i know its each to their own but 40watt and 530temp is incredibly hot for the juice im using, perhaps the op can input his pg/vg ratioes and coil size. I think this aspect of things is allways overlooked and is a major part of the whole end result..