vt133 battery meter inaccurate

dna671

I had my hcigar Vt133 for about 3 weeks now and about a week ago I popped the batteries onto an efest charger for some reason the batteries will drain fine but the meter will show it at 95% but when I remove one battery & pop it back it it will show it at 10% on more than one occasion has anyone else experience this problem and if so is there any way to fix it.

dwcraig1 said:

Just curious, does it make any difference which battery is installed last? Is your charging set to "maximum puffs" or "maximum charges" ?
Perhaps your watt hours is a bit too high resulting with the 95%.

I only have one set of batts (lg he2)... I have it set to maximum charges, I doubt it could be the watt hours Had iput it correctly.

The battery percentage AFAIK is tied to the capacity watt hour value. Mine I set to the value of 18.5Wh, what are you using? I rotate between two Samsung 25r5 and two LGHE2 cells. When my VT133 arrived, HCigar didn't have anything setup correctly except having 2 cell selected.

A SIDE NOTE: I searched for two days to find pics or a video of someone who had taken their VT133 apart. Oddly I can't find anybody that had. I just may have to crack mine open to see if HCigar had done a very nice job like they did with their VT200.

The 2500 mah is the capacity between 2.5 volts and 4.2 volts, the DNA 200 is only going to be using whatever capacity between at lowest 2.9 volts and 4.2 volts. Just how this plays out in real time I'm not sure but I suspect the watt hours to be slightly less than what Escribe's wizard comes up with when 2500 mah is input.

That is how I remember how capacity is measured too. Although I accidentally left three Eneloop AA NiMH 1900mah batteries in my Kaito KA1121 for a few months. The batteries were flat dead. I threw them in one of my XTAR VC4 chargers and they recovered and the capacity came out to be over 3000mah per each battery. Too bad Eneloops doesn't come in 18650 size.

Well it bugged me that there are no pictures of the inside of a HCigar VT133. The screw heads look like hex heads and a 1.5mm hex fits loosely. And 2mm hex doesn't fit at all. But I got a Torx T7 to fit nice and tight to remove the screws. The two outer screws are really short and screws into plastic. The two screws closest to the DNA200 mod are really long and they do screw in the alloy case.

I was hoping it would be cleaner inside than it is. But it isn't really bad actually. That stuff on the plastic I think is super glue. On the right side you can see another board. I believe that is the reverse polarity battery protection. And the display ribbon isn't being flexed by the fire button.

[tieYqKJ] 

• 2 weeks later...
BillW50 said:

Well it bugged me that there are no pictures of the inside of a HCigar VT133. The screw heads look like hex heads and a 1.5mm hex fits loosely. And 2mm hex doesn't fit at all. But I got a Torx T7 to fit nice and tight to remove the screws. The two outer screws are really short and screws into plastic. The two screws closest to the DNA200 mod are really long and they do screw in the alloy case.

I was hoping it would be cleaner inside than it is. But it isn't really bad actually. That stuff on the plastic I think is super glue. On the right side you can see another board. I believe that is the reverse polarity battery protection. And the display ribbon isn't being flexed by the fire button.

FWIW, mine looks a little cleaner than yours, especially the stuff on the plastics. The geekvape t-tool large hex fit perfectly (whatever size that actually is).    

I'd love to swap their 510 with a Cisco 510, it looks like there's enough room to do so.  :D  

BillW50 said:

@wiredl0ve: I haven't taken my other VT133 apart yet (that one is in black). I hope that one is cleaner inside. At least the inside cover is painted. Oh if you get a Cisco 510 to fit, that would be very interesting indeed.

I'll let you know. 

I'm not fond of the 510 connector on the mod - really it's the only thing I don't like.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

BillW50 said:

Wow! That was quick. Now I won't look at my two VT133 the same anymore. :(

I can list all all the mistakes I made in the process to make you feel better. :) Th Cisco added height since it doesn't fit into the cutout they have for their 510. I'd guess it's 20mm not 22. My soldering iron touched a couple of places on the battery sled. I was lazy and didn't remove the sled first. I actually used some bondic on the capture ring to hold it in the correct orientation while screwing in the Cisco screws. Hcigar used a metric crap-ton of solder on the negative of the 510. My 70 watt iron on high had a hard time motivating that large of a blob to reflow. :/ Either way I still love this mod - the dual 18650s is plenty and I love being able to swap them out without carry around the wisBricks I own.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...