Fuse Blown.... Any Alternate

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am on mobile, but There is a thread somewhere, if you s earch for blown fuse. As a get out of jail you could solder a piece of wire to where the fuse sits and then use an automotive fuse between that and the battery, the data sheet should have the fuse rating, dont believe your wire would need to be to heavy a guage, compatable to the fuse.

black lace said:

Am on mobile, but There is a thread somewhere, if you s earch for blown fuse. As a get out of jail you could solder a piece of wire to where the fuse sits and then use an automotive fuse between that and the battery, the data sheet should have the fuse rating, dont believe your wire would need to be to heavy a guage, compatable to the fuse.

Have anyone done this before? Can u refer some picture or diagram etc.?

black lace said:

Sos mate am still on mobile, if you cant find anything through search and dont feel confident about it i would very much recomend putting a ticket in and wait for advise.. do you know what issue caused the fuse to burn up.

Thanks for the reply......you may reply to this when u will be free.

I have read and view the DNA200 data sheet portion relevant to "Fuse" is reproduced as under:

Fuse
Because of the energy and power stored in the battery, the DNA 200 includes an onboard 25 amp SMT fuse. The fuse is located on the underside of the PCB near the B+ battery terminal, and is labelled “Fuse” In normal operation the fuse should never blow. However, in the event of an error or short circuit on the board, the fuse will protect the battery. Should it need to be replaced, the fuse is manufactured by Schurter , part number 3413.0332.22

Replacement is accomplished by de-soldering the blown fuse from the board and soldering on a new fuse.

No i dont know, i even dont know what are the general reasons of blowing the fuse.

I have found a automotive fuse with an online vendor, which is described as:

Features:

Fuse Current Rating: 25A 

Voltage Rating DC:32V

Picture:
fuse.jpg 

Will it work ???????????????

ziaibrahimadv@yahoo.com said:

[QUOTE=black lace]Sos mate am still on mobile, if you cant find anything through search and dont feel confident about it i would very much recomend putting a ticket in and wait for advise.. do you know what issue caused the fuse to burn up.

I have read and view the DNA200 data sheet portion relevant to "Fuse" is reproduced as under:

Fuse
Because of the energy and power stored in the battery, the DNA 200 includes an onboard 25 amp SMT fuse. The fuse is located on the underside of the PCB near the B+ battery terminal, and is labelled “Fuse” In normal operation the fuse should never blow. However, in the event of an error or short circuit on the board, the fuse will protect the battery. Should it need to be replaced, the fuse is manufactured by Schurter , part number 3413.0332.22

Replacement is accomplished by de-soldering the blown fuse from the board and soldering on a new fuse.

No i dont know, i even dont know what are the general reasons of blowing the fuse.

Features:

Picture:
fuse.jpg 

[/QUOTE]there's a few people here in the forum that have used automotive blade fuses. they do work. just make sure it's no more than 25 amp rating. but your best bet, if your board is under warranty, have evolv replace the fuse for you. 

http://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/3413.0332.22/486-1690-1-ND/2870103

http://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Schurter/3413033222/?qs=tk5EcTX4n4yNf01GmJFMyw%3d%3d

http://uk.farnell.com/schurter/3413-0332-22/fuse-smd-ust-1206-25a/dp/1829475RL

All the same product just different vendors.

If you're not in the UK just google "3413.0332.22" and that should give you some results for the Schurter fuse, which is a direct replacement.

End of the day if you can de-solder the blown one (use de-solder wick with some flux to remove as much of the existing solder as possible, then clean the pads, re-tin them slightly, and the solder the new fuse one side at a time applying some downward pressure so it makes good contact.

[QUOTE=black lace]Sos mate am still on mobile, if you cant find anything through search and dont feel confident about it i would very much recomend putting a ticket in and wait for advise.. do you know what issue caused the fuse to burn up.

Fuse

Features:

Picture:
fuse.jpg 

[/QUOTE] ok am back in the room, think its been covered well enough now anyway but it was an automotive 12volt 25 amp, the thread I reffered to is at https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/67186-topic/ the fuse mentioned on the second page wasn't condemned as wouldn't work but I cannot emphasise enough if your not confident or have any warranty I would put a ticket in, you cant just put a great blob of solder on, possibly covering both contacts and then installing a fuse further down, it is quite micro, and you still haven't got to the initial cause for the fuse to blow,,

ChunkyButt200 said:

[QUOTE=ziaibrahimadv@yahoo.com][QUOTE=black lace]Sos mate am still on mobile, if you cant find anything through search and dont feel confident about it i would very much recomend putting a ticket in and wait for advise.. do you know what issue caused the fuse to burn up.

Fuse

Features:

Picture:
fuse.jpg 

[/QUOTE]there's a few people here in the forum that have used automotive blade fuses. they do work. just make sure it's no more than 25 amp rating. but your best bet, if your board is under warranty, have evolv replace the fuse for you. [/QUOTE]

Can you refer any picture / diagram of the wiring?? 

Fuse on my DNA200 has been blown.... is there any alternate except to sold a new one or sending the board to Evolve for replacement or repair.

Suppose, if i remove the blown fuse and short both connections of the fuse with a wire, will it work? if yes please suggest a wire and its AWG.

Thank You 

with refrence to the thread 31st July the op used 32 guage as a temp fix to get it started and still ended up sending it in.

QUOTE,  Can you refer any picture / diagram of the wiring?  QUOTE

sorry but no, sorry mate, no disrespect or anything but,, for the simple reasons, my initial response to the thread was as a get out of jail fix assuming you where just going to get on with it knowing how to go about it. im now feeling like ive got to put my name to it, with you using my drawing as a refrence if something goes wrong, you still haven't established why the fuse blew.

if I now change my answer to your original question to two parts (Suppose, if i remove the blown fuse and short both connections of the fuse with a wire, will it work? if yes please suggest a wire and its AWG)
my answer would be 25amp fuse wire.
and how is anybody going to know if it will still work the fuse would have blew for a reason.

Modbustets said:

https://www.bluesea.com/products/5297/easyID_Fuse_25_Amp

I posted this link above the trip time of the fuse is what I was looking at I had something pop up as I was posting this sorry

Screenshot_2016-01-15-22-06-58-1.png

VapingBad said:

Wiring the auto fuse: you would just put it it the positive wire from the battery connector, just cut that wire and solder each end to the fuse.
auto_fusing.png

Thank You for referring this diagram. It would be very useful for the DIY folk specially.

I believe that there is no (+) Positive & (-) Negative of the fuse.

I am going to install this......... i will confirm if it works or not.

Thank You Again  

People outside USA can buy cheap with free shipping from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-pcs-lot-25A-32V-Car-Vehicle-Auto-Medium-Blade-ATO-Fuse-25-Amp-Automotive/2031841669.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.57.cEq34c&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9,searchweb201644_1_10001_10002_10005_301_10006_10003_10004_62,searchweb201560_1,searchweb1451318400_6151

Product Description

Car Medium Blade ATO Fuses.
Current Rating: 25 Amp.
Voltage Rating: 32 Volt
Quantity: a lot of 
2 pieces.
Manufacturer: XC Electronics.
100% New, Never Used.
RoHS Compliant.

fuse3.jpg 

Personally I would put a lower fuse on like 20 A because these will take longer to blow than the SMD ones, if you can find "fast blow" they would be best.  But you have to understand that this is a your own risk, you could send the board to Evolv and get them to check it and replace the fuse.

VapingBad said:

Personally I would put a lower fuse on like 20 A because these will take longer to blow than the SMD ones, if you can find "fast blow" they would be best.  But you have to understand that this is a your own risk, you could send the board to Evolv and get them to check it and replace the fuse.

Please tell me if you are confident with the installation of automotive fuse, or not?
because i have satisfied with your reply to this post.

I prefers to install an automotive fuse because it (fuse blow) has been happen to my second device. I live in Pakistan and it takes more than 2 months for shipping and return from Evolv, due to the reason i am searching an alternate for changing the fuse.

I have tried to buy the original fuse from:
 http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=3413.0332.22virtualkey69300000virtualkey693-3413.0332.22

ebay and other vendors but they do not ship to Pakistan, therefore, i am searching for a good and authentic alternate.

if there is someone who already have tried it and satisfied with its working, his opinion / experience would be very helpful for me as well as for others.