Battery stop charging and draining while charging

jacky35

Hi Guys,

My Vaporshark battery problem.

1. Here is what happen at first. I was charging it from 11%. After 1 hour it become 32% and it stop there.

2. Then i try to reboot it from my PC/ Turning all brightness down. After the tweak, the battery % suddenly change from 32% to 55%.

3. And then i charge it normally. now is draining from 55% to 43%.

(Charging drops from 55%)
IMG_20160723_194121.jpg 
(Charging drops to 44%)
IMG_20160723_225136.jpg 
Untitled-1.jpg    

I really don't know what is going on. Can it be the battery problem?

jacky35 said:

Yes it still vape. Doesn't show "battery unbalance"

you could try and let the board balance the lipo. just leave it plugged into a usb charger. the dna 200 is fully capable of balancing a pack, it just takes a long time depending on how far apart, in voltage, any cells are. the more a cell is unbalanced the longer the process. FYI, the 200 balance discharges. if any cell becomes higher than the rest it is slowly discharged to bring it back into balance with the others.

second option: if the device is still under warranty you could contact VS customer service. they also have a repair program available through their website for out of warranty devices at very reasonable cost, IMO.

dwcraig1 has a good point if you have gotten juice inside the mod, specifically the usb area, that could interfere with charging. are circled in red where to look for ejuice on the shark board.
vs_usb.jpg 

ChunkyButt200 said:

how about another screen shot of device monitor with all the battery cells checked, pack voltage, and usb current checked.

Hello, i did a restore default where it resets my board. it started to charging fast until 42% then stop there. It drop again now 38%, & charging current icon stop showing. The usb current is just showing 0.0030A and sometimes 0.000A.
Untitled-2.jpg 

Untitled-2.jpg

how long did you leave it charge for? how old is this battery? the balance process is extremely slow with the dna 200 when a cell is unbalanced like yours. if it was my mod, i would leave it on usb charge for a few hours keeping an eye on cell one's voltage. if after a few hours it never increases or stays at 3.87v i would contact VS's customer service. very helpful people. they always treated me great.    

(cell one did go up .02v so maybe there is a slight chance of it catching up with the other two cells with more time on a usb charger.)

edit.....swabbing just the outside of the mod won't remove any eliquid that is inside of the mod on the board. you would have to take the device apart and use iso alcohol. however, you could void your warranty if you don't know what you're doing or possibly ruin your board.

The charge rate would drop to very low when one or more cell is at 4.2 V.  Have you checked the voltages of the cells with a multi metre to check the board is reading it correctly, if it is and it probably is I think you need a replacement battery.  You could try charging the low cell on an external charger and see if it stays in balance, ChunkyButt200 has a picture of how to do that here https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66882-topic/?do=findComment&comment=901766

• 1 month later...
jacky35 said:

My Devices now charge normally back to 99% 100% after a month of charging. I think is battery not balance as mentioned early at this post. It really take like a long 1 to 2 months to do it right.

Btw, Thank you all for the help previously!! Appreciate!!  :)

lol you left it on a charger for a MONTH?????? you need a new lipo battery. the cells (cell 1) may become imbalanced again and keep giving you problems. if it's not giving you problems now, i guess use it until it does. please consider replacing the lipo tho....... 

cell 1 was the culprit with a .35 volt difference from the other 2 cells. just goes to show the board can handle/balance normal SMALL variations in cell voltages. but when any of the cells vary greatly from each other it's just too much of a task for the tiny balance circuit to handle effectively. time to invest in a new battery. 

but glad to hear it's working again!

Lmao!! :D no, I charge it like normal once the battery is 0%. I mean the time range for it to stable back to 100% is around one month plus. Meanwhile i charge it normally not more that 1 hour plus.

Battery % is going from 50% to 60% like week 1-2
Battery % is going from 60% to 70% like week 3
Battery % is going from 70% to 90% like week 4
Battery % is going from 90% to 100% like week 5

jacky35 said:

Lmao!! :D no, I charge it like normal once the battery is 0%. I mean the time range for it to stable back to 100% is around one month plus. Meanwhile i charge it normally not more that 1 hour plus.

Battery % is going from 50% to 60% like week 1-2
Battery % is going from 60% to 70% like week 3
Battery % is going from 70% to 90% like week 4
Battery % is going from 90% to 100% like week 5

lol, ok i got ya. but still, from what you've posted, it took 5 weeks for the device to charge properly/fully. meaning it took that long to balance out the lipo. i'm curious, what is your lipo "capacity" set to in the "mod" tab of escribe? (Vaporshark has a default of 10.22 watt hours for all VS DNA 200's).