Problem with Reuleaux DNA200 2weeks old

wbward

As the subject line says I am having "issues" with my nearly new Reuleaux DNA200. I bought this because I wasn't happy with how the my 3 day old RX200 handled SS316 atomizers. Thinking this would solve the problem I forked out the money and brought it home. I spent a good deal of time over the past couple of weeks learning the software, reading threads and messing with profiles. I got things to work as well as I think they will for now and to me at least they were acceptable.

Two days ago I woke up and picked up my Mod and took a deep draw only to get nothing. After checking I found that the MOD was some how off (In Sleep Mode) and would not wake up at the press of the fire button. So I replaced the Batteries.. Still nothing... when I plugged it into my PC to see what Escribe would report.. it came on... This has happened several times over the past couple of days and it gets worse.. not only is it getting "Stuck" in sleep mode, but it is also discharging the batters while idle. I noticed today... I left it in my car while I went to supper with my family.. when I left it had 42% battery.. 2 hours later it was down to 27% and stuck in sleep mode again.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I really don't want have to try to send this back to the manufacturer and am hoping maybe it has a simpler solution. This seemed to start when I got the new Smok TFV8 and tried to wind a couple of coils for the included RBA, but I can't see how a new atomizer could cause this type of issue.

BTW I also noted that when I ran the case analyzer last night that my readings for temps were much higher then the defaults that are in the Wismec files.

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Bill

if the board only wakes up when the usb is plugged in, that is more than likely an RMA situation. i have not seen a fix that the end user can do correct this particular problem. i have seen this problem mentioned a few times in this forum and usually ends up needing a new board. i would contact the vendor.

case analyzer results will vary do to ambient temp, if there is air blowing across the mod etc. a lot of variables that will come into play. nothing to worry about.

I had the same issue with mine. Mine was past manufacturer warranty. So I opened a ticket with evolve. They told me to take battery cover off and try squeezing top and bottom together to see if there was a battery connectionp problem. Also told me to check the ground screw that's behind a little white foam piece in battery sled. If neither of those fix problem. I'd contact the place you bought it. If they won't help. Then wismec and if they won't do anything you can open an evolve ticket.

Zrat78 said:

I had the same issue with mine. Mine was past manufacturer warranty. So I opened a ticket with evolve. They told me to take battery cover off and try squeezing top and bottom together to see if there was a battery connectionp problem. Also told me to check the ground screw that's behind a little white foam piece in battery sled. If neither of those fix problem. I'd contact the place you bought it. If they won't help. Then wismec and if they won't do anything you can open an evolve ticket.

There also should have been the offer to send it in to get fixed. Did you get your issue resolved?

To update... I took it to the store I bought it from this morning... The guy working there said he would have to talk to the manager who was not in at the moment. He did say I was still within the stores "warranty" period of 14 days but couldn't explain what that meant. He also provided me with a duplicate of my receipt in the case that the resolution was to send it back to Wismec. Other then that there is no resolution except that since it is mysteriously discharging the batteries while in sleep mode I am a bit afraid to use it. These batteries are not toys.

I am not really one to take it apart myself to check the things mentioned above not that I would really know if that was the issue except that possibly it may start to resume from sleep mode normally or not discharge the batteries while not in use. Either way I knew the store had a 14 day policy and I was on the 14th day so I left it with them for now.

Thanks for all of the replies.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE ********

Two weeks later and still no resolution ... the store I bought it from still has it. I really like the store employees and find them very knowledgeable and helpful but they keep telling me they are "waiting" to hear back from their distributor. I checked the Wismec website and it seems they suggest talking to your "local distributor". I am a patient person and don't like to complain but I am at a loss here. None of the other mods I have do Temp Control well and I just can't justify spending the money to buy another DNA200 device. It is very frustrating to have finally found a vape mod that seems to meet my needs only to have it go belly up so quickly.

:(

wbward said:

UPDATE ********

Two weeks later and still no resolution ... the store I bought it from still has it. I really like the store employees and find them very knowledgeable and helpful but they keep telling me they are "waiting" to hear back from their distributor. I checked the Wismec website and it seems they suggest talking to your "local distributor". I am a patient person and don't like to complain but I am at a loss here. None of the other mods I have do Temp Control well and I just can't justify spending the money to buy another DNA200 device. It is very frustrating to have finally found a vape mod that seems to meet my needs only to have it go belly up so quickly.

:(

I know its not always easy to be aggressive in these kinds of situations but I would push them to replace it or refund your money since it is was within their warranty period. 2 weeks is far too long for an answer IMO.

Gonna have to agree with Rob, two weeks is way too long. I stay away from local smoke shops; yes, they're friendly and knowledable...   but they also charge top dollar and pass you off to the manufacturer. I'd tell them to exchange it or give a refund. The longer you wait, the worse it gets.

Hi, I don't think this will help much, but I'm experiencing the same problem of the board turning off. It started yesterday, I also replaced what I thought was fully charged batteries with another set, the mod did wake up. Checked the batteries on my charger and they were 97% charged.....strange I thought lol Then this morning mine was turned off again, I plugged it into my phone charger and it immediately came back to life.....ok escribe next! On escribe I checked all the settings with the original file.....the only difference was the mod resistance had changed from 0.003% to 0.00016% I've uploaded the original settings which put the Mod resistance back to 0.003% Up to now the mod has stayed awake! I have reported to Evolv technical team and asked for help, having already tried the negative screw which was tight and pressing the battery section together to eliminate contact problems with the batteries. I have no doubt the problem has not gone away and will wait Evolv solution if there is one. But as of now it's working again......phew no taking this mod out its staying close to my charge cable lol Good luck with your, I'm already thinking of sending for the Triade just to be on the safe side lol p.s. As expected its shut off again, checked again on escribe and mod res has not altered still 0.003% so that was no fix...sorry Have email supplier and Wismec to inform them of faulty product, will be interesting to see how they respond! Wismec came up with every excuse possible so as not to honour their own manufacturers warranty. They are a disgrace, and do not warrant support from any vapor on any of their products. DO NOT BUY A WISMEC PRODUCT if you value a warranty!

rb25uk said:

Hi, I don't think this will help much, but I'm experiencing the same problem of the board turning off. It started yesterday, I also replaced what I thought was fully charged batteries with another set, the mod did wake up. Checked the batteries on my charger and they were 97% charged.....strange I thought lol Then this morning mine was turned off again, I plugged it into my phone charger and it immediately came back to life.....ok escribe next! On escribe I checked all the settings with the original file.....the only difference was the mod resistance had changed from 0.003% to 0.00016% I've uploaded the original settings which put the Mod resistance back to 0.003% Up to now the mod has stayed awake! I have reported to Evolv technical team and asked for help, having already tried the negative screw which was tight and pressing the battery section together to eliminate contact problems with the batteries. I have no doubt the problem has not gone away and will wait Evolv solution if there is one. But as of now it's working again......phew no taking this mod out its staying close to my charge cable lol Good luck with your, I'm already thinking of sending for the Triade just to be on the safe side lol p.s. As expected its shut off again, checked again on escribe and mod res has not altered still 0.003% so that was no fix...sorry Have email supplier and Wismec to inform them of faulty product, will be interesting to see how they respond!

welcome to the forum rb25uk. if the board only wakes up upon plugging in the usb or replacing the batteries you most likely need a new board. i have not seen a fix for this that the user can do. contact your vendor see what they say about a return. you could also open a ticket with evolv again.

ChunkyButt200 said:

welcome to the forum rb25uk. if the board only wakes up upon plugging in the usb or replacing the batteries you most likely need a new board. i have not seen a fix for this that the user can do. contact your vendor see what they say about a return. you could also open a ticket with evolv again.

If I am not mistaken, someone was having no power up after sleep problem while it would wake up with the USB connected. And they cleaned the fire button and it started to work once again. Maybe the button continuity doesn't have to be very good while awake, but needs to be better to wake up?

Hi guys, thanks for your response. Since I posted I've also noticed that I'm getting heavy battery drain while the mod is idle. 55% battery life.......30mins idle time.......23% battery life......32% LOSS of battery life in 30 mins lol I think my board has gone mad lol I've emailed both my seller and Wismec informing them of the problems, I've only had my mod for 19 days, will be interesting to see how they respond. I will check on the fire button and clean it. I Vape on an Aromamizer Supreme which does not leak juice, so I'm positive the fire button is clean! Slightly OCD paper tissue to hand at all times lol I've also contacted Evolv technical help informing them of the problems, again awaiting reply. Thanks for your help and advice guys The sellers were VANGUARD SMOKE now called COUPONVAPE STORE both them and WISMEC refused to honour their guarantees/warranty. The seller played the "don't answer" routine in the hope I'd go quietly away.....WISMEC did the same but I persisted and eventually quoted FDA regulations (USA) although I live in the United Kingdon......and yes they asked me on two occasions my location! Be warned....if you value a warranty........DONT BUY A WISMEC PRODUCT!

Yes I have 13 DNA200 mods now and only 1 of them failed and that is what the failed one does too. That one wakes up fine, it just can't read the cells correctly. And the one reading 0v (or near) when it really isn't is also draining faster than the other cells. I would quit using it (and remove your batteries) because I think it may damage your batteries in time.

Thanks for the information, that's exactly what I've done, removed batteries and put it back in the box it came, awaiting a response from seller, manufacturer and Evolv! I have a Panzer DNA 200 which performs perfectly, and the more I use it the better I think of it. The Vape from it is so smooth, even when the Reuleaux was working perfectly I still think the Panzer had the edge, just not sure how long the lipo battery will last, and it was cheaper lol Thinking of biting the bullet and ordering a Triade now, I just want the extra battery life when away from home! Thanks again and sorry to hear you have a dud DNA200 device! The final outcome was Wismec came up with every excuse imaginable to void their responsibities on their flagship Reuleaux DNA200 mod. The final straw was they quoted FDA regulations prohibiting them from sending out a replacement. How pathetic, FDA regulations are for USA........I'm in the United Kingdom.......they even asked me my location on more than one occasion.....a very dishonourable company that does not deserve support. So be WARNED if you buy a Wismec product!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE ****

A bit over a month later and the distributor has declined to do anything with the Mod. Not sure why but the store then went on to contact Wismec to see IF they would honor the warranty and fix the issues with this Mod. They tell me they have emailed back and forth with Wismec customer service and been asked several times to explain the problems and then several other times to send photos of the Mod. Their "feeling" is they are just getting the run around.

I loved the Evolv software and the customization of the DNA 200 board. I have a number of other Mods including the newest Yihi device and while they seem to work well I still want a DNA 200 device. I doubt I will ever buy another Wismec product as both the DNA200 and the RX200 I have from them don't work properly. The question here is what other DNA 200 Mod(s) have people used that worked well and give good battery life. I add the battery life to that as I can kill a Mod in a couple of hours of use. That was why I first bought the RX200 and then the Wismec DNA200, for the battery life as much as anything else. The other question is whether I might be better off I might be better off waiting for DNA250 mods (if any are released). As I understand it the new regs won't allow for anything to be released after tomorrow Aug 8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another thought was to find someone capable of working on the DNA 200 and paying to have it fixed as that might be cheaper then buying another whole Mod but I haven't been able to find any where that repairs vape devices.

Bill

Hello wbward. I don't know about waiting for the DNA250 or not. But the Lost Vape Triade gives me the longest vape time per charge and reliability than everything else I own. And I believe Protovapor does mod repairs.

http://www.protovapor.com/product/repairupgrade-services/

wbward, 
As was mentioned in the begging of this thread. You need to open a ticket with evolve. I had the same problem with mine. The board has a 1 year warranty. If the problem is with the board evolve will take care of it. They repaired mine. Evolve was great to deal with. My wismec dna has been working great ever since.

Wbward, do you live in the UK? because if you do the vendor that sold you the mod is responsible for either replacing the mod, or giving your money back with any failure within 14 days of you buying it. they are responsible full stop! not Wismec, or Evolv, it is then up to them to go to the manufacturer (Wismec) to seek recompense.

If in the US, i dont know, but would think you still have protection laws just for this kind of instance, 

** Update

After getting it back from the store on Monday due to my frustration at their inability to get anything done with this I had a RMA form from Evolv and it has been shipped off to be looked at all within 48hrs of my initial attempt at getting something done. This only tends to cement my feeling that the store was not really doing anything to get this issue resolved.

I did check with protovapor who seemed to give me a very reasonable estimate to replace the board but feel if Evolv is willing to look at it that was the best way to proceed. Even if it isn't deemed a warranty issue I would prefer they do the repairs.

Thanks for all of the replies and help.

Stores usually stand behind whatever they sell...  except in the world of vaping, so I'm sure your shop just let you rot. I think Wismec Reuleaux is a solid mod and I've had no issues with mine. I did however have a loose screen in my Em Cedar mod and the distributor told me to hit up the manufacturer. I contacted the owner, shipped it out and got it back in a week. Nice guy -  said he stands behind all his mods. And it's my favorite, solid and a high degree of craftsmanship. It should be for four hundred bucks...

• 5 weeks later...