Problem with Reuleaux DNA200 2weeks old

wbward

Joyetech (Wismec) seems to have a strange relationship with evolv. I think they released the Reuleaux as a DNA200 mod, first. Then, they released a version with their own RX200 chip (3 different configurations, thus far), but they continue to sell their DNA200 model.
It is likely that they are selling them until they run out of DNA200 chips, and that will be that for them.
I would stay away from their DNA200 model, because they would certainly be more interested in promoting, and backing their own chips, as opposed to their competitors'.
The RX200 isn't a bad chip. But, evolv's are far better a dry hit protection, and, I would assume, they are also much better at calculating the actual coil temperature in your atomizers.
There is obviously a conflict of interests at work, here. Besides, the Triades look better.

txmonkey214 said:

Joyetech (Wismec) seems to have a strange relationship with evolv. I think they released the Reuleaux as a DNA200 mod, first. Then, they released a version with their own RX200 chip (3 different configurations, thus far), but they continue to sell their DNA200 model.
It is likely that they are selling them until they run out of DNA200 chips, and that will be that for them.
I would stay away from their DNA200 model, because they would certainly be more interested in promoting, and backing their own chips, as opposed to their competitors'.
The RX200 isn't a bad chip. But, evolv's are far better a dry hit protection, and, I would assume, they are also much better at calculating the actual coil temperature in your atomizers.
There is obviously a conflict of interests at work, here. Besides, the Triades look better.

Exactly. I have the RX200 and the RX200S and function decently. The 510s are complete garbage. The finish is garbage. I haven't used the RX200S since i have switched to DNA devices, and the other night I got out the RX200S and the finish on the top was peeling off. I take really good care of my devices, so it was in the box. Very unhappy with the quality that they have been putting out for their mods. I use the inde duo rda and the indestructible rda and they work perfect. 

txmonkey214 said:

We_Said_Destroy, Good to know. I am buying an RX200S, to take on backpacking trips. My thinking was, who cares if it gets banged up? I have RTA's that are more expensive than this mod. But, my DNA's? I don't want to trash. or lose them.

Most of my RDA's and tanks didn't sit well on the RX's. Wobble city, huge gaps. Even when there was no visible gap, there were wobbles.

txmonkey214 said:

Hmmm. I was told the RX200S had their DNA200 510. Which is supposed to be better, but not great. Couldn't be much worse than Hana's DNA 40's. Anything by Hana is a Cadillac on the outside, and a GAZ Volga on the inside. If it isn't held in by a hot glue gun, it isn't held in, at all.

The RX200 has a better 510 than the RX200s in my opinion. Neither of my crown tanks sit without wobbling. TFV4 and TFV4 mini wobble. Goon wobbles, tugboat v1 & 2 wobble, Dark Horse wobble, Indestructible wobbles, Theorem wobbles too. Only things that sat without a wobble was my inde duo, Velocity V2, and Herakles Plus, and Herakles v1

Not sure if this will help or not, but it worked for me. I was having similar issues with my Wismec Releaux DNA 200. It worked fine for a couple months, but then sporadically started not turning on. In my case, it was a battery connection issue, and it was definitely always with the cell that sits "by itself," farthest away from the 510. Upon closer inspection, it appeared that the top deck had gotten bent--by a very very slight amount, mind you--upward, over time. Perhaps I was using cells that were slightly too long, I don't know. But I do know that, upon looking very closely, the bend was definitely there.

All I did to "fix" it was to remove the cells, and bend it back straight again by putting a slight amount of downward pressure on the top deck. It has been working perfectly ever since.

"Bendgate" LOL

[image] 

bmclaurin said:

Not sure if this will help or not, but it worked for me. I was having similar issues with my Wismec Releaux DNA 200. It worked fine for a couple months, but then sporadically started not turning on. In my case, it was a battery connection issue, and it was definitely always with the cell that sits "by itself," farthest away from the 510. Upon closer inspection, it appeared that the top deck had gotten bent--by a very very slight amount, mind you--upward, over time. Perhaps I was using cells that were slightly too long, I don't know. But I do know that, upon looking very closely, the bend was definitely there.

All I did to "fix" it was to remove the cells, and bend it back straight again by putting a slight amount of downward pressure on the top deck. It has been working perfectly ever since.

"Bendgate" LOL

[image] 

Yeah, I've had to take the batteries out and give my frame a squeeze a time or 2 myself. It always fixes the issue though. Had my Reuleaux since November with no major issues. Keeping my fingers crossed of course. Lol!