Short battery life vt200

Toysoldiers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people say how many hours and wattage they are using per charge... although I am not a big fan of that method since one could vape once every minute or once per hour. And the difference in hours per charge would be huge. What I like to use instead is how much juice you vape through per charge. And what I really like about it is it doesn't matter if I am vaping at 100 watts or even 10 watts (MTL), the amount of juice per charge still ends up the same.

So about 14Wh is about half of what a Reuleaux DNA200 or a Triade has using three Samsung 25R. And they can vape through about 22ml of juice per charge. So if you are vaping through about 11ml of juice per charge (4 hours for you), that would be totally expected. Now contrast this with say a Reuleaux RX200 using those same three 18650 cells, only vapes through 13ml per charge.

• 5 weeks later...

hello folks, am a very very happy guy with my vt200 (sensed the sarcasm ? ) :D
i got it a month ago, battery never charged beyond 4.1 volts and i see someone here posting he got 4.2V according to my batt knowledge the 11.1 v 3s battery cant charge beyond 4.1v for each cell , am i wrong ?
and 2 i have a measure hilarious issue with my battery now :D
1- after 1 month of use battery started to drain insanily in idle, by doing battery analysis it tells me your max capacity is 10.091 wh while the vt200 is 1300 mah that 10wh signifies its a 900 mah :(
2- after the battery analysis and the good curve, battery drain is stabilized but still leaving mod on idle drains the battery as in 8% in 7 hours *no firing at all and no atomizer hooked
3- and that the new part :D battery is charged now to 100% connect my vt200 to escribe, change any setting , literrally ANY, upload to device and boooom, wh and battery % drop down to 0 :D volt remains at 4.1 with no issue just the wh that flies

so any idea whats going on in here :)

ijozi said:

hello folks, am a very very happy guy with my vt200 (sensed the sarcasm ? ) :D
i got it a month ago, battery never charged beyond 4.1 volts and i see someone here posting he got 4.2V according to my batt knowledge the 11.1 v 3s battery cant charge beyond 4.1v for each cell , am i wrong ?
and 2 i have a measure hilarious issue with my battery now :D
1- after 1 month of use battery started to drain insanily in idle, by doing battery analysis it tells me your max capacity is 10.091 wh while the vt200 is 1300 mah that 10wh signifies its a 900 mah :(
2- after the battery analysis and the good curve, battery drain is stabilized but still leaving mod on idle drains the battery as in 8% in 7 hours *no firing at all and no atomizer hooked
3- and that the new part :D battery is charged now to 100% connect my vt200 to escribe, change any setting , literrally ANY, upload to device and boooom, wh and battery % drop down to 0 :D volt remains at 4.1 with no issue just the wh that flies

so any idea whats going on in here :)

1 The Max recharges option in EScribe only charges to 4.1 V, which could double the life of your battery, IIWU I would check that first.

2 Are you running the latest FW? V1.2.  I don't  get it with any of my 200s, there was a pre-release fw that did drain the battery that was well over a year ago.  You say it drains 8% in 7 hours, I would worry if it continued at that rate EG 25% in 24 hours, but it could be a tired battery's voltage stabilising after charge, at least partially.  Liquid on the board is another possibility and of course a fault board, but it is not a common fault.

3 Sounds like you are running V1.2 as that is a know issue, it is only the battery meter affected and not doing any harm, it normally comes back by waiting, soft reboot or uploading settings.

and for records i have 172 puffs for 35% battery using 3260 mWH, dont know if thats good or bad ?

as for the fw 1.2sp3
direct download:
https://evolvapor-downloads.r.worldssl.net/SetupES250.exe

forum link to main discussion:
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/

and it has recommended as James the Admin says:
[RECOMMENDED]
*** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ***

ijozi said:

ok how can i change it to 4.2 volts for max charge ?
and i am running 1.2 sp3 stable not the beta version, since the 1.0.42 was nagging me off in the battery badly :D

as for idle discharge i have no clue what to do :(

You want the Maximium puffs setting in EScribe to charge to 4.3 V, it is the default.

ETA that was meant to be 4.2 V not 4.3

haha for the escribe battery drain when uploading seetings, i recieved a lovely answer :D

This is a known bug we are working to fix, my apologies for the inconvenience. To reset the battery meter try Tools > Diagnostics > Reboot Device > Hard Reboot

and even that hard reboot doesnt work :D loool

glad to see my mod is ok at least.