Short battery life vt200

Toysoldiers

I purchased a vt200 and i have been having problems with my battery. I only use it at 20watts and at 0.8ohms. I don't get even more than 4hrs of using it. I'm using my Istick 50w and it lasts me for 2 days. Is it possible I get a new battery sent to me? I can't even take it out with me to use because it does not last long enough. I paid £120 just so I can use it for a few hours at home. Please advise me in further what to? I have updated the software and changed the battery part from 9 to 14.43. It has improved but it still seems to be draining pretty fast compared to my other mods. There are not much to set for the battery as I have done some research online. I would like to be able to take my vt200 out with me and vape. Is there a warranty exchange? I have read others has last longer than a day using higher watts and temp control. My cells fully charged are Cell 1 4.20 Cell 2 4.20 Cell 3 4.20 Pack 12.60. Can barely get through have day now still using 20w @ 0.8. If I was to use it at 50w it would die in a couple of hours. Can someone please help me.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully I'm understanding statistics correctly,  if not someone can correct me.  But it's kind of hard to compare battery capacity to someone saying I get a day out of mine when they may take 4 second draws  every 15 minutes or so and you may take 10 sec draws every 5 minutes.  If it were mine I would put a full charge on it, and either Reset Statistics in Device Monitor or write down the Total Energy mWh then use the device without charging it any further until I received the Weak Battery notification (making sure Cell Soft Cutoff is set correctly).  If at that point your Total Energy is around 14Wh then it's performing pretty close to specs.  If it's a little lower it may just be over stated battery specs.  If it's significantly lower it may indicate a bad battery pack or something within the device.

energy.png 

soblue said:

Hopefully I'm understanding statistics correctly,  if not someone can correct me.  But it's kind of hard to compare battery capacity to someone saying I get a day out of mine when they may take 4 second draws  every 15 minutes or so and you may take 10 sec draws every 5 minutes.  If it were mine I would put a full charge on it, and either Reset Statistics in Device Monitor or write down the Total Energy mWh then use the device without charging it any further until I received the Weak Battery notification (making sure Cell Soft Cutoff is set correctly).  If at that point your Total Energy is around 14Wh then it's performing pretty close to specs.  If it's a little lower it may just be over stated battery specs.  If it's significantly lower it may indicate a bad battery pack or something within the device.

You are right of course.  But I vape pretty much all day, about 20+ml per day at 100 watts preheat, 75 watts setting and around 45 watts at the "ebb" of each draw -- so that's my point of reference and comparison.  At 20 watts to get only 4 hrs use from 14+ Wh, that would be some pretty heavy duty vaping.  

But again you are right -- the guy might just chain vape like a boss then wonder why the battery gets drained lol.

Yep and I would expect all batteries too be slightly under their rating as the cut off on the DNA will be a higher than their capacity test.  You can just not the total between charges rather than resetting if you prefer.

BTW at 40 W  380-400 F a 900 mAh lasts me more than a day vaping 10 ml of liquid.

Lol vaping like a boss! I do the same on my istick 50w @20w 0.8ohm and it's definitely not lasting as long as that. I wanted to start dual coiling with high temps and get into temp control that's why I see it as a problem. I will get on the phone with the vendors today and see what they say and I'll keep you gets up date. ththa

I have the same mod. At 50 watts and 500 f I get about 8hrs . Give or take. I just pulled the pack from the mod and got the measurements. I called max amps to see about a custom pack. I've used them for custom rc packs so they should be able to do it. If they can make one I will post in this forum what they are making me. I did notice that inside the battery holder there are 2 tabs to hold the pack. With the right tools u might be able to remove the tabs and use a bigger pack. Alot of work but until I can make my own mod with bigger packs that's all I can do. I'm hoping evolve reference box will hold bigger Batts when they release them

Something else to consider, looking at the specs of the Istick 50 that I seen showed 4400mah 2x18650 parallel,  The Hcigar VT200 listed 1300mah 3s series so the watt hours calculate out at about 16.28Wh for the Istick 50 and about 14.43Wh for the VT200.  So if the specs I seen are correct and my calculations are up to par there is  more capacity with the Istick 50 so it makes sense to get some additional usage from the Istick at lower power settings, not necessarily what your seeing though.

hey guys, i contacted the my vendor angelsfiremods.co.uk, great customers service! gave me another software to update and will see what happens next. my next problem is that i have been charging it for 5 hours and not using it. but the charging indicator is still there, so i cant do the battery analyzer. It looks like its fully charged though. so i still need to test it after it fully charges and then give them a call back and let them know how it is all going. before that i need it to fully charge first @@

vt200b.jpg

vt200a.jpg

Wouldn't bother making coils, they retain to much heat on the atty.  Just make a loop or a parallel loop and there's little to no heat retained on the atty / 510.  Think the one I used was a couple 6" long strands of 26g kanthal coming in a little over 1? and worked fine.

IMAG0598.jpg