Smy dna 75 not great

John la

So just bought the sdna75 by smy and it's not great. None of my attys (5) screw down flush and it looks like it should but won't. I have tried forcing it thinking that maybe it's just the threads and have cleaned the 510 threads and it did nothing. My screen is off not a big deal but not pretty to look at. I'm sure I can take it apart and center it better but who wants to void there warranties and wait even longer for it. Any help would be nice with the 510 I have the bellus the griffin 22mm the g24 rda the azeroth and the crius and none go flush thanks guys

20160916_012224.jpg

20160916_012439.jpg

Ya the 510 center pin when pushed in looks like it sits flush with the black part. I screwed in an atty so tight that I had to use vice grips to get it off (old kayfun). Maybe just tighten it down with the vice grips or bad idea? Oooo and I took it apart already day 2 and fixed the screen that sticky tape is crazy strong but now it's perfect.

1474023989852-1639607282.jpg

Ya I fixed the screen lifted the tape moved it over and then cut the extra off but the 510 not screwing down is kinda of just annoying and I know it can look better not sure if I should force something on there yet but for the price and it being a dna this device is great. I do like the way the presets were done

• 1 month later...

Its because your atty protudes a lot i have tje wood version (shoulda gotten ss) giblin mini scratcg paint around atty but is flusg so is bellus. Tornado nano protudes like hell so theres a gap. But tbh i never cared about gaps as long as atty works i don't care lol. Watts default is ni200 wire, and old tc and power modes identical. I made a tc clapton boost profile instead. Also battery curve needs to be changed to reflect your cell more accurately. All i care is that i got it for less than what evolv sells a board for :).

• 2 weeks later...

[quote=Vaperkarloz]I think you're right, tried multiple atomizers, so it must be a cheap 510 (just like everything ive experienced with my sdna75 is that they cut corners everyware so bad 510 is possibly the case, at least i got a triade dna250 coming, no dna250 forum though), im new to evolv chips and the community, ill leave other companies aside. Other than the fact that a manufacturer told me they cloned dna75 chip and call it dna 2.0 bad clone attempt (seller kept on insisting i buy a sample..nty) but still, not proffesional and i think that should be made known(i like how the chip verification works for dna tbh, even gives you board production date) 

I cant fix the spikr so it has to ve a cheap smy component, just like the bad casing...dunno why daniel praised it on tutorial its actually a bad 510.... or where else could they had messed up? Geekvape vt cigar nano and vapethink where all in same sdna range, having those wire presets got me into buying a bad mod i suppose...[/quote]
Yes, considering this happens over a several different atomizers, either a cheap/bad 510, bad wiring or any of the other reasons I listed. A person in the other thread mentions their 510 are alright (I don't have any personal experience with the SMY brand) but it might be problem with your particular device (hey accidents happen in mass produced devices).

To further help, what atomizers did you test on the device?

Also like VapingBad said, it's not forbidden to mention other companies, but it's important to distinguish between Evolv board issues and manufacturer specific issues. I'm a big fan of Evolv boards, they are extremely accurate (watch Phil Busardo reviews, he tests the devices electrical output and puts out extremely useful charts), innovative and now customizable. Now Evolv boards have had problems on their own but constant improvements and addressing of said problems gives a pretty amazing product on the market right now. Many times other companies do mistakes and Evolv take the blame for it, OR as you said, try to copy Evolv boards which is obviously a horrible thing to do.

Imagine if you gather some money and spend 2 years at home designing an atomizer. Let's say you get a production cost of 20 USD and decide to put the atomizer on the market for 50 USD because on top of manufacturing and distribution, you need to pay for the 2 YEARS you spent designing the atomizer. Then next morning you wake up, you see the exact same atomizer you designed, using the exact same materials, looking the exact same way. Only some other company is selling a "clone" of your product for 20 USD (just as much as you manufacturer it). How can they afford it? Well easy, they produce bigger quantities so manufacturing price drops and they didn't spent 2 years designing the atomzier, they haven't paid someone's salary for that time and everything, so they don't need to account for that in the final price.

Competition is healthy, but there is quite a fine line between taking cues and inspiration from other products (which is normal and illogical if you don't do it) and simply intellectual property theft and cloning and undercutting of devices.

[quote=dwcraig1]The 510 on the SMY SDNA75 I consider one of the better ones of the mass produced mods. It is my only DNA mod with a 0.002 ohm mod resistance. The others are 0.004 - 0.005 ohms
There is one problem that could easily develop with it and that is they soldered the ground output wire to the nut that holds the 510 body into the case. If the nut becomes loose problems arise.
It's certainly easy enough to check and correct.
 [/quote]
You mention the internal resistance is set to 0.002 which is below the norm for other devices. It doesn't make sense that SMY have figured a superior electrical connection and perfect component composure for less internal resistance and managed to sell it for less money (let alone I don't see anything like that going on there).

Do you think there's a chance the mod just isn't properly configured?

[b]EDIT:[/b] Vaperkarloz check out this thread that I just noticed. It seems the issues you are experiencing are not new for the SMY model and reported by other users. I suppose if you search you might find other useful threads on the forum as well. A bad connection and random errors like this will always give you flaky resistance and bad experience in temperature control.

engmia said:

Yes, considering this happens over a several different atomizers, either a cheap/bad 510, bad wiring or any of the other reasons I listed. A person in the other thread mentions their 510 are alright (I don't have any personal experience with the SMY brand) but it might be problem with your particular device (hey accidents happen in mass produced devices).

To further help, what atomizers did you test on the device?

Also like VapingBad said, it's not forbidden to mention other companies, but it's important to distinguish between Evolv board issues and manufacturer specific issues. I'm a big fan of Evolv boards, they are extremely accurate (watch Phil Busardo reviews, he tests the devices electrical output and puts out extremely useful charts), innovative and now customizable. Now Evolv boards have had problems on their own but constant improvements and addressing of said problems gives a pretty amazing product on the market right now. Many times other companies do mistakes and Evolv take the blame for it, OR as you said, try to copy Evolv boards which is obviously a horrible thing to do.

Imagine if you gather some money and spend 2 years at home designing an atomizer. Let's say you get a production cost of 20 USD and decide to put the atomizer on the market for 50 USD because on top of manufacturing and distribution, you need to pay for the 2 YEARS you spent designing the atomizer. Then next morning you wake up, you see the exact same atomizer you designed, using the exact same materials, looking the exact same way. Only some other company is selling a "clone" of your product for 20 USD (just as much as you manufacturer it). How can they afford it? Well easy, they produce bigger quantities so manufacturing price drops and they didn't spent 2 years designing the atomzier, they haven't paid someone's salary for that time and everything, so they don't need to account for that in the final price.

Competition is healthy, but there is quite a fine line between taking cues and inspiration from other products (which is normal and illogical if you don't do it) and simply intellectual property theft and cloning and undercutting of devices.

You mention the internal resistance is set to 0.002 which is below the norm for other devices. It doesn't make sense that SMY have figured a superior electrical connection and perfect component composure for less internal resistance and managed to sell it for less money (let alone I don't see anything like that going on there).

Do you think there's a chance the mod just isn't properly configured?

[b]EDIT:[/b] Vaperkarloz check out this thread that I just noticed. It seems the issues you are experiencing are not new for the SMY model and reported by other users. I suppose if you search you might find other useful threads on the forum as well. A bad connection and random errors like this will always give you flaky resistance and bad experience in temperature control.

Thats, i know that specially this board cloning is notorious... what woulf be the proper configuration? Spike happened aswell in default .0016 electrical resistance someone mentioned it was .0002 Have used ud bellus goblin mini (first edition) and tornado nano.