Screen not working correctly. Mod still working fine?

plcockrell

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, by end of day today we should be able to have EScribe tell you if the screen is physically connected. The first Hanas don't do anything to secure the cable, and it runs perilously close to the fire button, so it may be as simple as it pulled out of the connector. 

Occurred to me that it could be that simple as well; just a loose connection on the cable. Seems a bit silly to send it back to Hana and lose the mod for a week and a half over it, so will be interested to see what escribe says once the update is able to tell me what's up with the screen. 

I have no screen function at all hand have tried everything suggested to fix it. My Hana V200 came in the mail yesterday i used it for the day and when i woke up this morning the screen would not work at all and i cant get anywhere with escribe cause all i receive are error messages.

Its not in stealth moda but the screen will randomly go on but if i try to use it it shuts off again and stays off im sendimg it back to Hana so they can figurenit out. If they cant fix it imma be very upset. My escribe still does not work with it and every time i try to connect it to the computer it shows that it cant receive a signal from device.

I don't know if it is related in this case but there are a lot of charge only micro usb cables that don't actually have data wires. Hana are using the USB port to load the newest firmware and perform final tests on the devices, so while the screen issues with the Hana v200 are something we are working to figure out, the USB ports will have all been tested at least twice before they get to you, so I would suspect the cable first for usb issues. 

And I am sure Hana can fix whatever is up with the screens. 

I'm having the blank screen issue similar to everyone else here but it works when I reboot (soft or hard) from Escribe. It's not in stealth mode. The screen shuts down when I press fire for more than 1 sec and won't come back unless I reboot or upload a config. I tried updating to 7-29 and no change. The mod works fine otherwise with the screen shut down (blank). I thought it might be the preheat @60w so I changed it to 40w, then 20w and no change in behavior. 

My printed DNA200 has been flawless. I just installed XT30 connectors and it still works great. 

One thing I noticed under the Screen tab, the Active field is double what you put in. I had 5 sec and it would be active for 10 sec. This was in a previous build (7-16?). 

The newer firmwares should have accurate timing. I don't remember if 7/16 did offhand. 

We're working on making the screen repaint code more robust if it bumps or wiggles this evening, I will be interested to see if that helps things. 

If the screen connector is getting kinked/mashed under the fire button it could be losing connection entirely. Then when it regains connection, the device has already started up, so the screen doesn't get its startup commands.

I've attached a firmware which is more resilient to this possible case. Unzip it and apply the .sw-update file using Tools->Update Firmware. (Use a recent EScribe.)

If you aren't having problems, I wouldn't bother with this experimental firmware. If you do, though...
If this firmware doesn't correct the issue for you, revert to an older one using Tools->Update Firmware.
If it does, great. Let me know! :) If this is the issue, we'll roll this into the next official update.

Have a good night!

James

DNA_200_2015-07-31_Screen_Disconnect.zip

I'm glad you got it working. Mine is doing the same thing. I might have to do this as well. I have another one that the screen is going dim when the power button is pressed and I'm betting the ribbon is being pinched when the button is pressed. I have 1 dna40 screen, will that screen work on the 200? I have contacted hana but haven't heard back yet. I'm thinking it would be faster to just fix it my self.

Schnell18t said:

I'm glad you got it working. Mine is doing the same thing. I might have to do this as well. I have another one that the screen is going dim when the power button is pressed and I'm betting the ribbon is being pinched when the button is pressed. I have 1 dna40 screen, will that screen work on the 200? I have contacted hana but haven't heard back yet. I'm thinking it would be faster to just fix it my self.

Yes it will work

Yes, the DNA40 large screen will work on the DNA200. 

I emailed them on Friday so I got a response this morning but I think they're getting slammed (or will be very soon) with dead screens. I would be very (very) surprised if 1 in 10 didn't have a pinched ribbon after looking at the inside of the mod.